Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Recipe for Amuse Bouche with Blue Cheese

Posted by pink_overalls (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 17:46

A few years ago I took an appetizer to a dinner party that was a hit. Why I didn't save the recipe, I don't know. Now, I want to take it to a Thanksgiving dinner.

All I remember is that it used blue cheese and butter and maybe something spicy. They were simple to make -- just little balls of deliciousness.

Anyone have something like this in the file?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Recipe for Amuse Bouche with Blue Cheese

Is it anything like this recipe? I've never made them but one of my sisters has made these for parties. And I had them at my nephews graduation party and they were delicious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo Chjcken Blue Cheese Balls

o

Unfortunately I don't have copies on my computer and am too busy this week to search through the dis array of recipes here.
But there are several I have made.
My late husband was CEO or The Maytag Blue Cheese operation, and would receive many many recipes from customers....and he would bring some home and say "what do you thing of this?" It I thought it sounded interesting, I would make it we would try it and perhaps make it again and ask friends to try it and maybe file it to be included in a future mailing.
So that partly explains why I have all there odd blue cheese recipes...(blue cheese peanut butter spread anyone?)
There is one I recall that is equal parts blue cheese and butter, seasoned with garlic powder and some cayenne pepper, chilled and rolled into tiny balls, rolled in ground nuts or seasoned toasted bread crumbs and served as cocktail tidbits on tooth-picks.

Another I am struggling with had pepperidge stuffing mixed in.....not remembering much more than that....seems as if butter and blue cheese were heated and melted together and stirred into the stuffing mix until all the cheesy, buttery fat was absorbed, them rolled into balls, chilled and served.
I think the first one sounds better.....as I recall all the mix of stuffing and blue cheese flavors was not particularly good.

o

I've made these several times... and I think I got the recipe here. Do they sound familiar?

Alexa

Blue Cheese Truffles
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4-oz.) container crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon $

Apple pear slices Grapes

Preparation
1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
2. Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with apple and pear slices and grapes.

o

Alexa - those sound delicious! I could make a whole meal out of 3-4 pieces of them, a couple slices of fruit and a glass of wine. They sound so rich I don't think I would not need anything else.

This will go in my keeper file.

Teresa

o

Lindac, that sounds like it! I know it was very simple, with few ingredients and no real cooking, just mixing. And the cayenne was probably the hot flavor I remember.

Amuse buche translates as "amuse the mouth" and that's exactly what these did. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here