SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakemayor

Help - Gourmet carmel corn!

lakemayor
12 years ago

Here is a recipe I just made. The carmel corn came out wonderful but the chocolate coating is a mess. The marshmellows will not melt and they just become rubbery. I did it once in the microwave as the recipe instructed and then once on the stove. Either way, I could not get the marshmellows to melt into the chocolate.

Any ideas why?

Karen

Carmel Corn

2 cups brown sugar

1 cup butter

1/2 cup corn syrup

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

7 quarts popped corn

Chocolate Coating

1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips

12 large marshmallows, cut in quarters

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons warm water

1 cup peanuts (optional)

Directions:

1Prepare Caramel Corn:.2Combine brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt in a saucepan.3Boil 5 minutes.4Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla.5Stir well and then pour over popped corn in a large roaster.6If you have to put into two large tinfoil buttered roasters, it will be easier to stir in two pans.7Bake in oven at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.8Pour onto waxed paper and cool.9Break up into pieces.10Chocolate Coating:.11Melt chips, marshmallows, butter and water for about four minutes in the microwave, stirring until smooth.12You can do this on the stove top too, just melt until very smooth.13Place the cooled caramel corn and peanuts, if using, in a large roasting pan or on a large cookie sheet, single layer, and drizzle chocolate over lightly. Using a baggy with the corner snipped off, will help drizzling the coating over top.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-covered-caramel-corn-103670#ixzz1dX2lFled

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH