SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlinek

'Gooey' stuffing

arlinek
12 years ago

I made my usual stuffing yesterday and for the 2nd time it came out rather gooey instead of more dry and I'm wondering why, but may have an answer? I mini chopped the usual heavy dose of mushrooms, celery & onions - but maybe a little too minced-like, not diced. Sauteed the celery and onions for 5 min., then added the mushrooms and continued till nicely softened in butter. Took Mrs. Cubbisons seasoned bread crumbs and poured over that a can of chicken broth and goodly amt. of melted butter and stirred all together, then added the sauteed veggies and baked for 45 min. in a ceramic 9 X 11 pan. Top was crusty but below that it was quite soft and mushy. Is the mistake mincing the veggies instead of dicing or perhaps adding too much butter and broth? I thought it wasn't too wet at all when putting it in the roasting pan. Any suggestions? I would like it about 30% less moist; perhaps the obvious ans. is that I added too much liquid (butter and broth) despite it not appearing so when I assembled it.

Comments (4)