Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long to thaw this turkey breast?

Posted by shaun (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 15:20

I have a 5.45 lb Butterball Turkey Breast. When do you think I should put it in the fridge to start thawing for Thursday?

I havent ever made just the breast before. But my sisters husband is also frying a whole turkey and I thought I'd make this breast for the people who dont want fried turkey.

So? When do you think I should take it out of the freezer and stick it in the fridge to thaw?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long to thaw this turkey breast?

It doesn't take long depending on which way you decide to defrost.

http://www.butterball.com/tips-how-tos/how-tos/thaw

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterball Thawing

o

Sean take it out now. That gives it lots of time to thaw in the fridge. It will keep many days once thawed but you don't want it still partially frozen Thursday.

Take it out now and then it won;t be on your mind.

o

Shaun, Is it me? I can't find your original question about cooking turkey breast. I can't search and find it or another thread that I was looking at last week.

Cathy

o

Cathy your post is under my original post. Are you drinking again? hahahahah!!! (xoxoxo)

Thanks everyone - I'll take it out now. It's solid frozen.

o

Shaun, the first turkey breast thread where Compumon responded.

o

Cathy, is this the thread?

Here is a link that might be useful: turkey thread

o

Why wouldn't anyone want fried turkey? It's certainly not fattier than oven roasted....
And believe it or not....you can cook a turkey that is partially...or all frozen.
but a thawed turkey will certainly keep several days in the refrigerator.
Just remember when cooking the breast....do NOY over cook...it will get dry very quickly.
Linda C

o

Fried turkey is delicious - it's injected with cajun seasonings and very tasty. I had it last year and loved it.

o

Linda, I'm not sure why this one person who is coming doesnt like it, she's tasted it and just didnt like it; she prefers traditional oven roasted. We're talking a woman who will be 90 yrs old in January! Bless her heart.

o

face turning red yup--that's the one. Thanks Shaun.

We fry a turkey every year for our organization's picnic. Before the whole turkey is carved it's almost gone as people are grabbing pieces as it's cut. Of course it is easier when it's in an open-picnic environment.

o

I am making two 9 lb breasts this year. I have them thawing now and will brine them just over night so I'll need them completely thawed by Wed.
I have a cell phone pic of my ahem breasts if anyone wants to see LOL!!!

No seriously I am taking lots of pics this year to make a scrapbook to pass along to DD. Shhhh!!! Its a secret.
I plan to document the entire meal all the prep, tips, serving ect...

Cheers!
Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here