SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triciae_gw

Help with devilled eggs

triciae
10 years ago

Our neighbor is having surgery and I've volunteered to bring meals to him and his wife after he's home and recovering. His wife just doesn't like to cook and he'll be living on take-out pizza and Five Guy's burgers if left to her. (She's not done grocery shopping in 20+ years!) It's going to be a few weeks until he can move around well on his own and start to prepare simple meals. I'm working on my menu plan. I'm looking forward to doing something to help - they were wonderful while we were flooded out.

Anyway, devilled eggs is on one of my menus but I want something different. Going to do Smoked Trout Devilled Eggs. Other than the smoked trout, I'm going to use a few finely chopped capers, finely diced red onion, coarsely ground black pepper, salt, parsley, and a combo of mayo/sour cream.

Is there something else I should be adding to the yolk mixture? Celery, artichokes, etc.?

Thanks for suggestions.

I did a trial run on an apple cake today that's cooling now. It looks like it came out very nice. I'll post a picture later.

/tricia

Comments (4)