Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
safety of salsa?

Posted by lizbeth-gardener (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 12 at 14:50

Would fresh unopened salsa be safe that had been in an insulated cooler w/ice packs for 24 hours and was cool, but not cold when removed?

Am thinking with presumed high acid content, it would probably be o.k., but would rather pitch if any risk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: safety of salsa?

I'm sure it was fine...by fresh do you mean raw veggies? and lime?
I would eat it without hesitating.

o

Linda. It is the fresh ready made salsa/lime/peppers/cukes/cilantro you buy in the produce area. And we did eat it, so guess I will find out if safe or not!

o

If it is all natural and not canned, then you do want to be careful because it has a shorter shelf life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here