SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Vegan food options

Lars
11 years ago

Yesterday I went to Native Foods Cafe for dinner with a couple of friends who dropped in from St. George, Utah. They are both vegan, and I was going to cook dinner for them, but I found this restaurant and thought it would be fun to try. It was right around the corner from the Culver City Farmers' Market, and so we walked through the market on the way to the restaurant. Next time I'll want to get there even earlier and spend more time at the farmers' market, as it has gotten even more interesting than the last time I went there. It closes at 7:00 PM, and so there's not a lot of time for me to shop there, and Kevin usually goes there on his lunch hour instead. Anyway, I was very impressed with the restaurant - the food was excellent and extremely flavorful. I had a fake steak sandwich (because it was the special of the day), and it was very tasty - not exactly like steak, but a great flavor all the same and wonderful texture. The vegan brownie I had for dessert was as good as any regular brownie I have had that was made with eggs.

For recipes, you can check out their past newsletters or subscribe to new ones. The restaurant started in Palm Springs, but that location is temporarily closed, but there are nine locations in SoCal, and the chef opened up three restaurants in Chicago, which was rather unexpected to me, and another one in Portland and one in Boulder. Kevin said he will go back to the restaurant for lunch, since it is only two blocks from where he works. I normally do not care for vegan food that is trying to imitate meat, but this was exceptional. I even ordered the cookbook so I can try some of the recipes myself.

Lars

Here is a link that might be useful: Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures