Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Big Day :-)

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 14:09

Hi everyone,

The ribs were put into the oven just a few minutes ago and now we wait for three hours. Mom and I tasted the sauce before pouring it over the ribs and onions and we added 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar to it for a little added sweetness. Pictures to arrive later!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Big Day :-)

I can imagine how good it smells!

o

I love ribs! Wish I was there! What is your recipe for the sauce?
Clare

o

Lindac, it smells wonderful! There's about another hour and a half to go yet.

Clare, here is the recipe.

Oven Barbecued Spareribs

4 lbs. country style spareribs
2 med. onions, sliced
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. ketchup
1/2 c. chili sauce
3/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Place ribs in baking dish. Add onion and salt. Cover with sauce made by combining remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. Be sure pan has a cover or use aluminum foil to keep ribs from drying out. Recipe may be halved.

I didn't line the Dutch oven with foil. The sauce is pretty thin. Like I said, if it's too spicy or sour for your taste, we added 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and that helped out.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Here are the ribs. We just got done eating supper :). This recipe is a keeper in my recipe box. I like my ribs on the saucy side so I had to dip out some extra. Otherwise, yum!
Oh, and I have no fear that the browning on the sides of my Dutch oven will come of when it gets washed. :-).

Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Thanks for the recipe. Looks good - yum! And just let the pan soak and it should look good as new. You got me wanting ribs so I bought some for tonight. Not the long cooked ones you did, but the quick just heat them up ones. I am sure yours are much better.
Clare

o

The onions almost look like bacon in the picture! Glad you enjoyed them. CS ribs are a favorite of mine. So easy to cook. You can cook them so many ways. Forgot to tell you in the other thread I often brown them a bit before cooking mine but either way, they come out great.

BTW, you wouldn't need to line the Dutch oven with foil. I misunderstood your other thread thinking you might be pan baking them which is why I mentioned lining the pan with foil. Although sometimes I do make pouches if I'd doing different types. For this recipe, that's how to do it.

You're breaking that dutch oven in right. :) What's the next plan for it?

o

Clare, you're welcome! Mom washed it and it looks good as new :-). I hope your ribs turned out well. These ones were really moist and flavorful.

Cynic, lol The onions do look like bacon now that I look at the photo upon closer inspection. There was bacon in the baked beans lol (Bush's). I have no idea on what to cook in the Dutch oven next, but there are lots of ideas that I want to try. I was looking at beef stew recipes earlier today. I found one that's just four ingredients: stew meat, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water. I may add a few other things like canned tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, and carrots.

There are leftovers if anyone is interested or wanting a midnight snack lol. It's a wonder that people like my cooking and I'm still single....

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here