SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

Making bread

tami_ohio
11 years ago

I am making bread. We will see how it comes out. I found an old Better Homes & Gardens Bread cook book at the library yesterday. I am trying the Perfect White Bread. I could choose the easy method, in the mixer, and finish mixing and kneading by hand, or the conventional method. Well, my hands won't do the old fashioned way, so I did it in my KA, including mixing in the last of the flour. I just can't stir it by hand. But I did knead it by hand for the whole 10 minutes! I may not be able to do anything else for the rest of the day, but I did it! It is now rising for the first time. Of course, I didn't think fast enough. DS came and helped unload the canned goods and other food stuff that can't be left in for the winter, and a few other odd jobs for us. DH has the day off today because it's election day, so the two of them got some yard stuff done. DS took baking and pastry in high school at the vocational school. He got the master bread maker award. I should have made him stay until it was ready to knead! He would have known when it was just right. Oh, well, now I can honestly say that I did it! Here it is rising in the bowl.

Tami

Comments (21)