SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara2813

Using Eggs In My Dressing

Sara2813
10 years ago

Well now, I have not tried this before but as I was mixing up my dressing, it seemed to sort of fall apart even after adding copious amounts of the hot chicken broth, with butter, (yes real butter), and about a tablespoon of (Better Than Bullion Chicken flavor base in a jar) Chicken broth or stock to your liking.

To the packaged dry stuffing mix already in the pan, I added salt, pepper and sage, with about a cup each of celery and onion.

Then I poured the warm broth mixture over the four boxes of prepared stove top or store brand stuffing mix. If you add eggs, make sure your broth is not HOT. You don't want scrambled eggs in your dressing/stuffing.

Next I whisked up three eggs in a bowl and poured that over the stuffing mixture and mixed well. I patted it all down into the baking dish and baked in the oven at 350 for about 30-45 min. depending on the amount of dressing that you are preparing and also depending on the size of baking dish you use. My dressing came out beautifully and took me back to being in mom's kitchen when I was a little girl! I do love the smell of sage!! Yum.. Let's eat!

Comment (1)