SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggie2094

Favorite Weird Food Combinations?

maggie2094
16 years ago

My 4 year old introduced me to boxed mac and cheese with ketchup...it's really good:)

Growing up I had a cousin in Michigan who ate peanut butter and pickle sandwiches - they were pretty good - lol.

My mother always had her pork chops with mayonnaise.

Comments (98)

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

When we were young my GM would crush up Saltine crackers and pour syrup over the crackers. She would pass that off as 'Cracker Jacks' without the prize! Heh heh!

Great thread! Some of your post are bringing up memories.

• moosemac
    16 years ago

From mother:
    A sandwich made with salt pork from a pot of beans, slathered on toasted bread with sugar and ketchup.

From father:
    A beer and a chocolate bar and sometimes a dill pickle with it.

And my son likes OJ and milk mixed together. YUCK!

• Related Discussions

LOOKING for: Your favorite easy appetizers or finger foods

Q

Comments (9)
    Here's a recipe I just came across at Food Network Canada site. I don't eat salmon (can't stand the smell!) but it sounds like it would be good and thought I'd share. Salmon Potato Cakes with Dipping Sauces Yield: 4 Salmon Potato Cakes 1 cup new mini potatoes, cooked (250ml) 1 can - 7.5 oz. Wild Sockeye salmon, drained, flaked, liquid reserved (418g) 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 clove small garlic, chopped 1 tsp grated lemon zest (5ml) 1 tsp lemon juice (5ml) 1/4 tsp salt (1ml) 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (5ml) 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1 pinch of paprika 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (15ml) 1 tbsp chopped parsley (15ml) 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (125ml) 3/4 cup Panko or fresh breadcrumbs (375ml) 3 tbsp butter (30ml) 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil (30ml) Chipolte Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup sour cream (125ml) 2 tbsp regular or light mayonnaise (30ml) 1/2 tsp minced, canned chipolte (2ml) 1/4 tsp adobo sauce (1ml) 1 tsp lime juice 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (1ml) Dilly Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup sour cream (125ml) 2 tbsp mayonnaise (30ml) 2 tbsp dill pickle relish (30ml) 1 tsp lemon juice (5ml) 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper (1ml) Salmon Potato Cakes Remove skin from salmon. Mash bones and salmon. Combine salmon, egg, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Kids Variation: Divide 1 cup of mixture.Form four 2-inch patties and coat with reserved cracker crumbs.Set aside. Adults Variation: Divide 2 cups of salmon mixture and add cilantro and parsley. Form four 3  inch patties and coat with Panko or fresh breadcrumbs.Set aside. Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place all patties in the pan. Cook for 2  3 minutes per side, until golden brown and heated through. TIP: Instead of frying patties you can bake them in an oven. Just place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray each patty on both sides with cooking spray. Bake in 350F/180C oven for 10 minutes. Turn each patty and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with Chipolte or Dilly dipping sauce. Chipolte Dipping Sauce Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, chipolte, adobo sauce, lime zest, lime juice and pepper together until smooth. Dilly Dipping Sauce Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice and pepper together until smooth.
    ...See More

Weird Food At The State Fair!

Q

Comments (23)
    What happened to you guys' venturesome spirit? Wizened, dried up ... and blew away? My carnie fried cut chunks of a block of cheddar cheese, also mozzarella, and deep fried them at a local festival a few weeks ago. [[That was supposed to be, "My carnie friend cut chunks ..." ... but when I saw the typo, I thought it too delicious to delete/amend!]] Deep fried Mars bars, too. I liked both. Not about to make them part of my regular diet, though, I think. Enjoy your journey through life, O.K.? You never get to live today again. ole joyful
    ...See More

Favorite combinations: anything

Q

Comments (27)
    Popcorn and M&Ms Popcorn and home made fudge Oatmeal and raisins Hot chocolate and marshmallows Rainy days and baking Saturdays and Garage Sales Sleeping at the cabin and rain on the roof Camp fire and good company Camping and hot morning coffee A cup of coffee and a good magazine or book Three items: A good grilled steak, and corn on the cob, and fresh sliced tomatoes Autumn leaves and a ride up the ski lift at Mt. Bohemia My camera and God's beautiful world around me Playtime and my grandbabies Reading and watching the hummingbirds My hubby and me :-)
    ...See More

Week 105 - Share your favorite comfort food and memories

Q

Comments (31)
    Yum to everything mentioned! I am waiting for my husband to get home with takeout, and this thread it not helping my patience! My comfort food is usually something warm and soft. Soup. Mashed potatoes. No specific recipe -- I think I tended to eat things that were warm and easy on the throat when I was sick, and that temperature/texture is what defined comfort food for me. I'm not sure that this is quite the same thing as comfort food, but I also get a warm, family sort of feeling from sharing fresh fruit. Stems from my father's immense delight at purchasing fruit/hearing that we enjoyed eating it. His family was quite poor growing up and could not afford much fresh food, so my whole life, my dad's always been immensely pleased to see his family eat well. Drives my mom bananas (pun intended) because she thinks he spends to much on food, but it makes him SO happy. The fruit basket at my parents' house is probably the best stocked in the country. Since that was normal for me growing up, I also always have fresh fruit in my house, and my husband is usually so delighted to help me eat anything I've washed/cut up. It's all very homey.
    ...See More
  • ica171
    16 years ago

When I was younger, I'd take a slice of bread, spread it with creamy peanut butter, pour syrup on it, and warm it up. Easy pancakes.

I used to love liverwurst sandwiches, but since I'm the only one who eats it anymore I don't buy it because it goes bad too fast.

Bologna sandwiches on white bread with margarine are great, haven't eaten that in a while either.

Lately I've been keeping a bowl of spinach sauteed with garlic and onion and mixed with cream cheese in the refrigerator. It goes on almost everything. I mix it in soups, scrambled eggs, or eat it like sandwich spread. The weirdest way I've eaten it was warmed up and put on a hot dog.

I've also taken to making this sweet sauce and dipping tons of stuff into it. There are two variations--one is more of a glaze, with tomato sauce, tomato juice, brown sugar, dried mustard, and vinegar. Boil it down until it's thickened, it's so good. The other is ketchup, salsa, and honey. I first saw that one used as a sauce for chicken, but it's awesome used for sandwich dipping.

DH and I often eat grilled cheese and jelly sandwiches--our favorite is mozzarella and strawberry jelly, although smoked gouda is very tasty, but usually out of our price range. One day DH got the idea to do banana and grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids. For some reason they ate them. He swears there was no banana on mine, but I took a bite and spit it out. It tastes about like you'd think it tastes--disgusting.

• beanthere_dunthat
    16 years ago

DH used to mention a chain in Cal that did burgers with peanut butter. I'd think it would be awfully messy.

Peanut butter on apples is weird? Peanut butter and banana sandwiches is weird? Don't tell anyone I grew up with. We all ate that. Now DH does inform me that banana and mayo sandwiches are weird. I tell him he doesn't have to eat one. (He hates mayo anyway.)

Moosemac, my sister would always want an ice cream sandwich with a beer. Dad finally tried it and said, "Not awful at all." I never got up the nerve.

Anything mom cooked was a "weird" combination. But the sardine, saurkruat, onion and cream cheese sandwiches -- well, I had to leave the house when she settled into one of those. ewww.

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

My husband and son think my favorite childhood meal is weird and refuse to try it. My dad was Czech and we used to make what he called Byrd. You took a hunk of dill pickle, wrapped a piece of thin sliced round steak around it, then wrapped a 1/4 slice of bacon around that. Fry til brown, add water and braise til tender, add a cup of sour cream and some paprika and heat til warmed, serve over rice. It is delicious. I don't think it weird.

Of course, there is my MILs favorite way to eat cottage cheese, with french dressing and worcestershire sauce, now that's weird. My son used to put ketchup on everything, including watermelon! Eggs with ketchup, I think 75% of the people I know do that. But, the daughter of my friend pushes all her breakfast foods together (eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, pancakes) then puts ketchup on top, and tops it all with maple syrup! They told her if she does that in a restaurant she has to sit at a different table. I also know several people who put grape jelly on Egg McMuffins! And a friend loves beer and chocolate chip cookies (but I think he likes beer with anything!).

• stacy3
    16 years ago

I actually agree with Ashley's concoction - looks good!

I can't get my brain around PB and miracle whip, though Annie...ew.

scrambled egggs, ginger ale and sauerkraut????? another ew.

McD's apple pie with KETCHUP - double ew!

Milkbones Weed - lol. Scott smells Sammy's treat every morning before he gives it to her...he says they smell so good. He'd probably eat one for a quarter. Heck, he probably already has...

But marshmallows and grilled cheese? Pass me the milk bones please. :-)

I love buttered toast dipped in chocolate milk for breakfast...so does Will.

I'm another who likes cold baked bean sandwiches. Just butter on mine, please.

Stacy

• sffog
    16 years ago

a Hawaiian favorite, breakfast,lunch or dinner
    a loco moco: a mound of rice with hamburger patty on top,then a sunnyside up egg or over easy egg then brown gravy all over

• diana55
    16 years ago

MY GRANDMOTHER USED TO PUT SALT & PEPPER ON HER PANCAKES. NO SYRUP, JUST SALT & PEPPER. YUCK !!!! DIANA55

• maiaa
    16 years ago

Peanutbutter Pizza was a staple growing up (the local pizza place served it). I didn't know it was weird until I went to college . . .but I learned to make it and I've converted a lot of naysayers since! (crust, peanutbutter, then sauce then cheese). Yummm!

We always have A-1 sauce on the mac & cheese.

Apple, Nuteena & walnut sandwiches (very odd, but somehow tasty).

I think that's as weird as we get over here.

• Virginia7074
    16 years ago

My mom used to make a variation of Waldorf salad with apples, bananas and chopped peanuts, dressed with mayonnaise, peanut butter and honey. Sounds gross, but really good. You may have to thin the dressing with a little milk.

• beanthere_dunthat
    16 years ago

I think a mystery has just been solved. That Czech pickle combo? My SIl makes something she calls Pickle F-can't use that word here. It's a dill pickle with cream cheese and a slice of roast beef wrapped around it. She got me to eat one, once, and never again. However, I wonder if it was inpsired by what you describe. Oddly enough, I'd try the cooked version. I might not love it, but I'd be willing to try it. The raw one, though....no, never again.

I can't eat cottage cheese regardless of what is on it. It's a texture thing.

• whiteorchid75
    16 years ago

My favorite sandwich is considered weird by lots of people, even though it has it's own name : Monte Cristo

The first time DSW saw me make and consume one, he thought I was a big time weirdo, as he had never heard of them. LOL

I have to admit I do tweak mine a bit, though. I use whole grain bread, sliced turkey, and I prefer havarti cheese, but I do use swiss when we have it. (The only cheese I don't like on a M.C. is cheddar, LOL) Of course I dip it in egg, then grill it. I love it with elderberry jelly. :)

I like graham crackers crumbled over my ice cream.

• booberry85
    16 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes to dip their French fries in their milkshake. I never knew anyone else to do it until now. I like to eat my hot dogs on a roll smothered in BBQ beans (no mustard, no ketchup, no relish, but using the beans as a condiment). I don't think its weird, but DH does.

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

I don't think there is anything weird about dipping fries in a shake, it's delicious! Esp. chocolate. I used to dip my fries in sherbet when I was a kid. I loved going to Cock Robins for a burger, fries, and a sherbet cone.

I don't think I would want to eat the cold pickle, cream cheese, roast beef combo. When you cook the pickle, steak and bacon together the flavors kind of meld together. The meat has a bit of dill and garlic flavor and the pickle gets a bit of a meaty flavor. But you have to use a good quality deli pickle, not the cheap jar kind. We used to go to the deli and get two from the barrel, one to eat and one for the Byrd. I don't even know if you can get those good kosher dills from the deli anymore. Has anyone seen them?

• whiteorchid75
    16 years ago

Oh, I forgot about the pregnancy cravings! LOL Cheddar cheese Doritos and red grapes, or if I didn't have grapes,I'd dip the Doritos in grape jelly. Chicken nuggets *homemade, not the icky store kind* dipped in applesauce. Apples dipped in peanut butter and honey that have been whipped together.

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

Dill Pickle juice in spaghetti sauce.

toasted marshmallows between potato chips with a piece of Hershey bar in between! Once in six blue moons now, but mmmmm good!

The kids dip their grilled cheese sandwiches in ranch dressing. In fact, DS puts ranch dressing on just about everything.

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

How about cottage cheese on bread topped with dark karo syrup! Also-- girlsingardens-- I LOVE dip eggs!! It is the only way to eat a fried egg. Have toast and dip it in the egg yolk which should still be liquid.

• jojoco
    16 years ago

From Jungle Jims in Orlando: (from the burger menu)

PEANUT BUTTER BET
    Smothered with hot peanut butter, bacon, cheddar, dill chips,
    tomato, iceberg and mayo. We bet youÂll like it, or weÂll buy it!
    Beef 9.55 Chicken 9.36 Gardenburger 9.06

I never took them up on their offer, but obviously, this combo has its fans. The only weird thing I like is balsamic vinegar on my strawberries. But I am told that is not so wierd.
    Jo

• Lars
    16 years ago

I just saw this too. Here's the original thread. I don't have any weird food combos that I can think of, and so I didn't post any.

Lars

• jannie
    16 years ago

White bread spread with soft butter, then sprinkle sugar over it. Colored sugar looks best!
    Chicken nuggets dipped in ketchup.
    Peanut butter on graham crackers.
    Link sausage with maple syrup.
    I'm getting hungry.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    16 years ago

One favorite way to eat pork chops is to sprinkle them with lots of cinnamon then pan fry. They are delicious and the cinnamon has a wonderful taste. I don't use other seasonings other than salt and pepper. And no sugar.

• greginnd
    16 years ago

Maggie, I must be your cousin from Michigan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.

Annie, my mother used to make me eat peanut butter and miracle whip too . . All I can say is BLECH!

• centralcacyclist
    16 years ago

I had a roomie who ate eggs over easy fried in bacon grease sprinkled with Jello powder. It was the oddest thing I ever saw anyone eat.

• antiquesilver
    16 years ago

Coconut cake with crisp strips of bacon on the side, for breakfast. But then, anything with bacon is delish!

Chocolates & red wine.

Vinegar based BBQ sauce on rice.

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

Caliloo wrote:

When dinner is almost done I like to mix the last few bites of peas (or corn) into my mashed potatoes, but I do not know if that is weird or not LOL!

You wait that long?? Gosh, if I have mashed potatoes and either peas or corn, it is an automatic blend...if there's gravy to pour over, all the better. Not weird, tasty. :D

Annie1992 wrote:

Just because Woodie reminded me, Ashley's favorite meal is mashed potatoes covered with creamed corn and sauerkraut. MMMMMMMM. Ahem.

Ahem what? Sounds good to me!

Chase wrote:

But above all else you gotta get that white yucky thing out!

YES! That white yucky thing makes my skin crawl!

Weed30 wrote:

Grilled cheese & marshmallow sandwich - must use real marshmallows, not marshmallow fluff.

Oh no, he/she (sorry, I don't know) didn't write that!:P Yagggg!

As for me...I love kimchee with scrambled eggs and rice for breakfast. Kimchee (for those of you not familiar with it) is Napa cabbage, fermented with lots of garlic, chili peppers, ginger & green onions. It is, to be polite, aromatic.

I drink pickle juice. Not by the tumbler full, just a sneaked sip here and there when nobody's looking.

Oh, I can't remember who wrote about Monte Cristo sandwiches, but do try them with marmalade...mmmmm.

I like to peel a very cold cucumber, poke a chopstick into it to create a tunnel the length of the cuke and fill that with lemon juice. Then, a mixture of cayenne and salt is sprinkled for each bite. Very good snack in hot weather.

I know it's adding insult to injury in terms of salt content, but I must have a good, crispy dill pickle with pizza. I worked in a pizza parlour as a kid, that had those big kosher dills in a bucket to cut into spears with the sandwiches. I developed the taste then.

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

I'm another who loved dill pickle & peanut butter sandwiches as a kid. And I used to eat brown sugar & butter sandwiches, as well as peanut butter and golden syrup sandwiches on brown bread.

While in First Grade I was introduced to slices of apple with salt on them. One of the girls would bring that most days for her recess snack. I never liked them that way though.

In Holland it's common to serve french fries with mayonnaise for dipping.

And I used to eat scrambled eggs with jam on top. I still like them with pepper and ketchup.

J.Crowley the Czech steak roll sounds very much like the "rindsroulade" that we get in the Austrian restaurant. It's a thin slice of steak wrapped around a slice of carrot, bacon and a dill pickle. Cooked and served with gravy and spaetzle. I just had some on Saturday last week.

SharonCb

• nancylouise5me
    16 years ago

Ketchup with anything isn't weird. It's normal to our family. Mixed in with homemade Mac & cheese, over eggs in the morning or on your cheesy toast, mmmmmmmm. The only thing I can think of that people would probably look at as a weird combo is I like Ruffle potato chips with Plochmann's yellow mustard. Fries are also good with it. Almost like a spicy dip. NancyLouise

• sigh
    16 years ago

I can't believe that I never responded to this thread! Oh yeah, fries dipped in a chocolate milkshake are definitely the way to go. Actually I'm a big fan of sweet with salt. Potato chips alternated with bites of a chocolate bar (my pancreas is cringing just thinking about that), bacon or sausage dipped in syrup.

My husband is one for coming up with odd, yet tasty combinations. The one that springs to mind is oatmeal with parmesean cheese.

Nina

• gayle0000
    16 years ago

Fries dipped in a milkshake...oh yes. Did this all the time until I was about 30 yrs old.

As kids, my brother and I would take a handful of potato chips and put them on any kind of sandwich...crunch it down with the top piece of bread. Yum. Haven't done this in years, but it's still appealing in my own mind.

My brother and I also used to make cereal sandwiches. Buttered white bread with cereal. Sugary cereal was the best. When I was a teenager & saw the girl (Ally Sheedy) doing this in the movie "The Breakfast Club", I was relieved to learn this was not that far out.

• disneyginger
    16 years ago

I like a baked bean sandwich with yellow mustard on it.

My mother puts salt on her melons. Eeeeewwwwwww...

Bologna sandwich, miracle whip, potato chips, white wonder bread.

Oatmeal (steel cut or original long cooking best here) made thick and hot, then a big scoop of butter pecan or pralines and cream ice cream scooped over it and mixed in. My favorite.

Burned to almost black toast with scads of cold butter ground in and eaten. Sadly, a favorite.

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

I use to have to have ketchup on my eggs or I wouldn't eat them. I like PB and bacon on sour dough toast. I also liked butter on saltines for a lunch. Blue cheese and apples is also a favorite. And always must have Vermont cheddar cheese melted on apple pie. Jar spag sauce on mac and cheese is a great combination.

DH swears sauerkraut juice is a cure for a hangover. He would always have a sauerkraut swiss cheese omlet the morning after in his younger days.
    Clare

• shaun
    16 years ago

If you're trying to diet, read this thread. It'll take your appetite away for sure!

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

Disneyginger wrote:

Oatmeal (steel cut or original long cooking best here) made thick and hot, then a big scoop of butter pecan or pralines and cream ice cream scooped over it and mixed in. My favorite.

My husband and I both think that sounds delicious, not weird at all!

• proudmamato4
    16 years ago

I love half an avocado sprinkled with lime juice and filled with chili sauce. My mom introduced this to me when I was a kid and I've been eating it ever since!

My dad used to fry hamburgers in a pan, then take some white bread and soak up the hamburger grease and fry it till the bread was crispy. My mom nearly had a heart attack everytime she saw him feeding us this, but boy, was it tasty! The three of us kids would fight over it!

Nancy

• dobesrule
    16 years ago

Peanut butter and tuna sandwiches. yuuuummmmm

Lisa

• melva02
    16 years ago

Not weird, just unusual, but I love grapefruit and banana. I was raised eating grapefruit out of the halves with sugar and maraschino cherry juice on top, but my friend from New Zealand introduced me to grapefruit scooped into a bowl with banana slices. It's a much healthier way to sweeten it, and my dog likes it too.

I also like grapefruit with simple syrup that's had a lavender branch steeped in it. You can make this into a martini by substituting Absolut Ruby Red for the grapefruit. ;-)

By the way, this thread is now advertised in the Gardenweb header, and they have quoted 12 of you guys with pictures of the ingredients you mention.
    http://slideshow.ivillage.com/food/weird_food_combinations/?ice=gw:fd:1

Melissa

Here is a link that might be useful: slideshow of weird food combinations

• echooooo
    16 years ago

molasses on cottage cheese -- yum

• annie1992
    16 years ago

ginger, I LIKE baked bean sandwiches, I"ve eaten those since I was a child and I never thought it was weird at all. Hmmmm....

Annie

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

What the heck else would one do with the leftover baked beans? You can only reheat them so many times before they turn into sweet bean sludge.

Home made baked bean sandwiches on toasted bread with mustard or ketchup (it's a mood thing) and home made sweet relish. Yum!

Now Lisa...peanut butter and tuna sandwiches? Argh! Not without a gun to my head! :0

Nancy, I've never tried the avocado with chili sauce, but have filled the center with salad dressing or when I'm feeling reckless, sour cream.

The first time in my life that I ever ate an avocado was when I was about 9 years old. A friend told me he'd found a great new kind of fruit tree (we knew where all the trees in the neighborhood were...and raided them all). We sat in this unsuspecting home owner's huge avocado tree for the better part of the afternoon, peeling them with our teeth and slurping up one rich, oily, green "fruit" after another...throwing the pits out onto the sidewalk to startle passers by, completely hidden by the avocado tree's thick foliage. Yes, I was a bit of a tom boy terror child.

That night, I felt so peculiar in an ill sort of way. We didn't eat much rich food in my home, so I guess that a dozen or so avocados really ran riot with my system. Gosh they were good though. I didn't learn what they were for another 3 or 4 years when I had guacamole at a party and had a violent case of Deja Vu. :D

• lisacdm
    16 years ago

I like my french fires with tarter sauce.
    My daughter likes to put chocolate chips on her pizza.

• jimster
    16 years ago

The talk of baked bean sandwiches is making me nostalgic. My mother's baked beans were not the runny kind so they worked well for that. I even had them in my lunch box on my summer job. They were joked about a bit, so maybe qualified as wierd, but not THAT wierd.

Other good sandwiches:

Scrambled egg on soft white bread with a little ketchup. So tender you can eat it without your dentures, just gum it as we used to say.

Peanut butter on whole wheat with a slab of onion (yes, another vote for that) and some spicy mustard.

Jim

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Oh gosh i hadn't thought about baked bean sandwiches in a long time. My mom would make them on nights when Dad would not be home for dinner. She put Campbell's baked beans on a piece of toast, then put bacon on top and ran them under the broiler. We loved it! I'm sure almost all the bacon grease melted down into the beans. Artery clogging deliousness.

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

When I was a teenager, I loved to eat american cheese on white bread with lots of mayo and dill pickles.

My mom used to eat Italian hard salami with a ton of mayo on white bread. We never understood how anyone could add mayo to such a fatty meat....she would drool over it!

• petra_il
    16 years ago

Too many things to mention ... french toast with mustard/ketchup, grated cheese and chopped onions to begin with (well, w/o any cinnamon etc.)

I also recently discovered hummus makes great spread for sandwiches, and much healthier than mayo!

• changeling
    16 years ago

Ladies, you need help, LOL!

You knock me for liking "Chicken Feet" in soup!! WOW!

I have some cousins (south hill Virginia) that like fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches, actually they aren't bad, they have them like most people would have a Bologna and cheese sandwich.
    Sorry, I'll go with a BLT, tuna fish, grilled cheese, or whatever! But then a fried egg/sausage/cheese/Mayo can be darn enticing sometimes!!
    Then there is leftover cold pork chop with fresh bread, hell I'm stopping right here, I know when to leave well enough alone, these are normal sandwiches right, come on guys, tell me they are normal!

However, I do respect your culinary expertise in describing some of the "off the beaten path" things you like, in fact there are a couple I tend to try!
    Now if I can just get you guys into chicken feet!!!!

• mer4205
    16 years ago

My late dh would drizzle ketchup on his bowl of my homemade split pea soup...I always thought it was funky...-maria

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

I packed a Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese sandwich for my lunch today...on thin sliced sourdough with mayo and slices of dill pickled garlic. Yum.

When I was a kid, one of the comfort foods when sick was saltine crackers, broken up in a bowl, with milk poured over it. Sort of a cereal, I suppose. I get a yen for it about every 5 years or so.

I must have sliced cukes, sprinkled with salt, as a side when having spaghetti with marinara or meat sauce. I got that one from my stepmother.

• disneyginger
    16 years ago

I adore sharp cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches with mayo! I didn't think that was weird? I like my bread slightly toasted too! And the more garlic in the pickle recipe, the better! I will slice the big ones and just lay them on!

Would saltines loaded with cottage cheese and strawberry jam be a weird food combo? I love eating my crackers that way and often have them for dinner when it is getting late and I haven't eaten yet!

And, would big thick slices of Braunschweiger and thin sliced red onion on toasted rye that has lots of butter or in case no butter, some mayo, so would that be a weird food combo? LOVE that sandwich. But, I thought it was normal.

My daughter and my niece have to have malted milk balls mixed in with their hot popcorn at the movies, like in the same tub! Makes my stomach crawl and itch at the same time when they eat it.. gag.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

I like cold pork n beans with mayo mixed in.
    My favorite sandwich is pineapple and cheese with mayo on white bread.
    I like to dip my pizza in thousand island dressing, and I like tater sauce on my french fries.
    Oh, of course ketchup in pinto beans.

• mattramouse_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

i love bbq sause with chips.they tast so good you have to try them befor you die!!!!!!:p