SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine_gw

seeking new canisters

mabeldingeldine_gw
10 years ago

I have been looking for new kitchen canisters for a while now without much success, so I am turning here to other folks who cook for help.

I am hoping to find rectangular or square canisters that are either transparent of have a window so I can see the contents. I would prefer canisters with a good seal so I can discontinue storing the contents in a zip lock bag inside the canister.

I would also prefer containers which can be purchased separately as I tend to have several kinds of flour (bread, ap, whole wheat, etc.) in addition to all the other stuff one acquires for baking.

I am leery of plastic, but OTOH glass is heavy and I have to lift the canisters from shelves to the counter for use, so I'm concerned about dropping them, too. If glass, I'd prefer threaded screw on lids that I can grasp for transfer, keeping in mind the opening size needed to actually fit a scoop inside the canister to remove the contents.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I currently use chromed metal canisters and like them, but they are rusting and I am tiring of the zip lock bag inner storage. I also tend to forget what I have in storage if I can't see it, thus the three canisters containing chocolate chips I came across this weekend while looking for confectioners sugar, which I did not find.

Thanks in advance for sharing your suggestions.

Comments (22)