SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Workday Dessert :-)

moonwolf_gw
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

This workday, I'll be taking a Mandarin Orange Cake and a batch of my orange and mint iced tea. I made this cake before, but it's just really delicious and was a hit before, so I decided to make one again. When I made it this way before, I liked it better than with the brown sugar glaze that was featured in the recipe for the batter when I made my first ever Mandarin Orange Cake. Here is the recipe.

Mandarin Orange Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2-11 oz. cans Mandarin oranges (with the juice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda; mix until well blended. Stir in 2-11 oz. cans Mandarin oranges with the juice. Pour batter into a greased and lightly floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Frosting
Blend together 1-15 oz. can Mandarin oranges with juice, 1 package instant vanilla pudding, and 1-8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Chill for 2 minutes or until mixture has set a little. Spread on cake.

I'm not much for cake, but this cake really hits the spot and it's not overly sweet like some cakes.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (3)