SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

When to use dough blade on FP

Lars
10 years ago

I've made several pie crusts lately and have been starting the dough in my Cuisinart, which has a dough blade that I have not used yet. I basically pulse the flour, salt, and fat together, and I had been removing that to a large bowl to add the water, but I noticed that Ann T's recipe for pot pie (which is what I made last) says to add the water to the FP and pulse a couple of times to get the water incorporated. I found this method easier and more efficient (even though I needed almost twice the water in her recipe), but I am wondering if I should be using the dough blade instead of the cutting blade. I think when I saw ATK and Martha Stewart making pie crust in the FP, they used the cutting blade. I think I must have very dry flour also, as I have to add more water to my bread recipes also.

I make bread in my bread machine, but I do make pasta dough in the FP, but with the cutting blade. I've only had the Cuisinart for a short time, and before that, I did not have a dough blade. I am wondering if I even need to use it. Does it do a better job on pasta dough or pie dough? Does it have any other use?

Lars

Comments (7)