Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Castle Stuffing? Really???

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 12:07

It has been downright balmy here the past week, so last night we took advantage before the cold front moves in later today. We invited our neighbors over, fired up the fire pit and had a few glasses of wine. Talk soon turned to Thanksgiving.

One neighbor said her brother called her and told her he found a recipe for stuffing made with White Castle Hamburgers. He asked her to make it. She is going to.

My immediate reaction was EEEWWWWW! But all the guys thought it sounded wonderful!

Not to worry, she is making her regular stuffing too, but since her brother agreed to get the "Whities", she is making a batch of this to appease the menfolk!

White Castle Stuffing will never pass these lips!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Castle Stuffing? Really???

Well, except for the pickle, it's bread and meat and onion, right? I never got used to the idea of sausage in stuffing/dressing anyway, but hamburger meat isn't that far off, I guess.

o

I've heard of it before so I tried a search and here ya go...

It won't on my table.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: White Castle Turkey Dressing

o

Haha Nancy! I didn't even look for a recipe it just sounded so gross!

I'll have to ask her how it was. Must be a "guy thing".

Linda

o

Nope, we don't even hav a White Castle within a couple of hours, although I do know that stuffing should be made with stale bread, LOL.

I'll bet my family would want me to make it, if they knew about it. I'm not telling.

Annie

o

Saw the recipe years ago, and ran across it this year along with the Twinkie stuffing. I'm passing on both if ever offered, and you can keep the "TurDunkin'" too, though I would try the Tater Tot stuffing if someone offered it.

Speaking of White a$$holes as they're better known around here, they were what were first called "sliders". It was *far* from a complimentary term. I don't understand why everyone who makes a small burger or sandwich, especially a good quality one wants to call it a "slider" these days. I'd rather call mine dogshitake on a shingle than compare my cooking to that unhurled vomit.

The "WC" (is that more than just a coincidence?) does have good fries though. I'll give them that much. And I liked their (though short-lived) chili. Chunks of Angus beef, no beans, and nice flavor. But no snot on a tea biscuit for me.

o

Thank you, Cynic. I now have coffee sprayed over the computer!

o

Lmao, cynic! But if you don't appreciate WC's it just means you don't smoke enough weed. It's delicious as long a you're not too sober. Can't wait to try the stuffing!

o

Oh, there's nothing in the world like the 2 am crowd at the "castle". Problem is you really shouldn't drive after five minutes breathing the air in there!

Gotta give 'em this much though, they're a loyal crowd. Back in my bar closing days the castle was one of very few places open to get foo, uh, no, not food, but, well something to absorb the booze for the drive home. The trick was to find an alternate exit. Cops seeing you pull out of the WC at 3am would usually pull you over. Either you were drunk, high or seriously ill! They seldom wanted to smell your breath though, fancy that! :D

If you'll excuse me, I must depart now. It's not often my body threatens to purge from more than one end just at the thought of the misuse of groceries.

But remember, the "holes" cost them extra!

o

Thank you FOAS, I wish we had a White Castle
around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here