Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milkman powdered milk is coming back!

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 11:34

A while back I posted here asking for a good substitute for Milkman instant lowfat dry milk. We used to buy it at the local grocery store for a delicious substitute and an excellent milk base for a hot chocolate mix. Sadly, Milkman went out of business.........

........ but, they're back!!! Yesterday I turned to Google once again to see if there's any news about it. Well, lo and behold the very first link took me to the Milkman Facebook page where they report it will be back on the shelves soon! Currently, it can be purchased on-line at PackItGourmet.com but the FB page reports it will be on store shelves in the near future.

Yeeeehaww! I used Milkman Instant Lowfat Dry Milk to make the best homemade hot chocolate mix, and now we can enjoy it again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milkman powdered milk is coming back!

A packet of Milkman yields one quart of milk and costs $1 more than a gallon of milk from the store ($2.99) around here - YIKES!!!

As a person who only uses dry milk products and keeps 3-years worth in storage (one of the Seven Survival Foods), buying a packet that makes a quart is not very cost effective. One could only hope they have large quantities at a better price.

Could I introduce you to Grandma's Country Cream Non-fat Dry Milk Powder.... A powdered milk product that you would have a difficult time discerning from store bought milk when reconstituted with water. I just made 4 large batches of cocoa mix using it.

You can buy a sample size of Grandma's Country Cream for 89-cents to give it a try. Or purchase it in larger amounts: #10 can (3.1#) for $15.99 (makes 5-gallons - cheaper per can if you order 6-cans), or the way I purchase it - 25# bucket - $92.95.

I also store Morning Moo's Whey-Based Milk Substitute (non-instant) dry milk product.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Grandma's Country Foods

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here