SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

sharing bread...

debrak2008
10 years ago

I wanted to share this experience with you. I know many of you are bread bakers and will be able to relate.

Yesterday I went to an event at my church. The speaker was a man named Chet who started baking bread for a hobby. He baked so much he started giving it away. Chet noticed the affect it had on people. People smiled. It made them feel good. He said it was not just the bread but kindness. Giving someone something you made with your hands. Chet talks about the stories he has heard and his experiences in teaching people to bake bread. He has stories about children, troubled youth, elderly, and disabled people who have had positive experiences from kneeding bread.

One quick story was an women in her 90's who was falling asleep at one of his events. Chet gave her the dough and asked her to kneed it. It brought back a flood of memories for the woman. She remembered a specific time when she was baking bread for her brother 70 years ago. An event she had not thought of since she was 14.

The event was a wonderful experience and we did see him mix bread dough and get tips. We all went home with a free loaf.

I think the area he covers is western and central new york state. If anyone is interested in more info. you can email me.

Comments (2)