SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin44444

How can I keep grease from splattering everywhere?

robin44444
9 years ago

Hi. I'm planning to put a little effort into learning to cook. Tonight I have a recipe I want to try; a chicken recipe which calls for browning in the skillet in butter and oil until almost smoking. I know this is going to splatter everywhere, which drives DH crazy and I don't like it either of course.

I'm not going to solve this problem before tonight, but I've looked online for splatter screens that are 3-sided. Most of them seem pretty small, 10x9, so that won't go around my big skillet. Does anyone here know if there are bigger ones? Do they work? I have a gas stove so it would have to be able to stand up on the burners. I have a skillet-top splatter shield but that of course allows splatters when I take it off to move the meat pieces around, etc. I have canisters and and kitchen tools in a container near the stove which get grease-coated all the time, but I don't have room elsewhere for them. If you know of any workable solution to this problem, I'd sure love to hear it. Thanks, everyone.

Comments (11)