SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netla

Favourite camping (one-pot/pan) recipes?

netla
9 years ago

I am turning a small van into a motorhome and plan to take it on the road next spring. I will have a gas cooker with one burner to cook on, a small compression cooler to keep perishable food in and minimal storage space for non-perishables and kitchen equipment.

I already have a number of tried and tested recipes for quick, easy, simple food, but would like to extend my repertoire. I could, of course, go and google something, but I thought I'd pick the brains on this forum first :-)

I'm looking for quick, simple and tasty recipes you like to make when camping. (Preferably with fewer than 5 ingredients, not counting salt and spices).

My own most simple (and very quick) camping recipe requires 2 ingredients:
For one person:
2 wieners
small can of baked beans (I prefer Heinz)

Optional:
a few drops of cooking oil or a curl of butter to help with the browning
salt and ground black pepper to taste (may be omitted, the dish tastes fine without it, just slightly less flavourful)

Chop wieners into 1/2 inch pieces and brown in a frying pan on medium heat. Turn the heat to low and let the pan cool slightly before adding the beans (the sauce will splatter furiously if the pan is too hot, especially if you have used oil/butter). Heat through, adjust flavour with salt/pepper if needed and serve.

This is both filling and warming. Add chopped, fried bacon or browned ground meat for an even more filling dish. Good with bread.

--
P.S. Going offline now for a few hours. Look forward to seeing your replies.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus