Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creamy balsamic dressing?

Posted by livvyandbella (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 7:44

Do you have a favorite creamy balsamic dressing you can share? I have had salad recently that had the dressing and it was soooo good!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creamy balsamic dressing?

I simply add a little mayo to a good homemade or bottled balsamic dressing. Creamy balsamic is one of my go-to dressings when eating out - the other being house made bleu cheese.

Teresa

o

I use mayo instead of dijon mustard in a balsamic vinaigrette.

I don't buy bottled dressing, because it's so fast and easy to make your own....and much cheaper!

o

Well that sounds easy enough. Thank you!

o

CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE

2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup olive oil, (use your favorite)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. honey

Process all ingredients together in food processor or blender until thick and creamy; refrigerate. If desired, whirl again briefly before use.

NOTES: I make this dressing using my mini processor but you could easily use a regular processor or blender. Feel free to use more garlic, mustard or honey according to your taste.

Great on green salads, pasta salads, string beans, asparagus, tomatoes or whatever!

Yield: makes about 1 cup.

o

Thanks Pat. Sounds great. Will try that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here