Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What was it? Can you identify this spoiled food?

Posted by arabellamiller (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 7:19

I saw this and thought of my friends here. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

- AM

Here is a link that might be useful: What was it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What was it? Can you identify this spoiled food?

I am happy to say I didn't get 100% on this test. I still got a high grade though! Although I try and clean out the frig once a week, sometimes things hide! Fortunately, I haven't seen all of those things at the same time. LOL!

o

The only one I didn't recognize was the berries.....I never have spoiled blackberries!!

o

I had a perfect score. Sigh.

I had a lot of food waste in my old fridge, which was my ex's bachelor fridge. The light didn't work anymore so things got lost and the seal was shot so nothing stayed very cold, either. My new one with all its temperature controlled compartments really cuts down on spoilage. Having the lights work inside it is also a huge plus.

Eileen

o

I had a perfect score. Sigh.

I had a lot of food waste in my old fridge, which was my ex's bachelor fridge. The light didn't work anymore so things got lost and the seal was shot so nothing stayed very cold, either. My new one with all its temperature controlled compartments really cuts down on spoilage. Having the lights work inside it is also a huge plus.

Eileen

o

I got 100%. Woo. The berries were the toughest for me too. I think because its such a closeup, its hard to tell the scale of what is pictured.

To my chagrin, I've found containers in the fridge that were much more colorful that those in the the quiz, and harder to identify. Although the picture of the loaf of bread was pretty impressive.

o

I didn't get the berries right, but I should've. I saw the stems. I kept thinking, grapes? No not grapes (because it wasn't on the list). I can see how one might not ge that one right.

Impressive picture, ha! You kill me!!

o

Perfect score. What does that tell you. LOL!

o

I am depressingly good at identifying rotten food. Reminds me of meat-cake a la Carlin.

o

I am depressingly good at identifying rotten food. Reminds me of meat-cake a la Carlin.

o

I got 8 out of 10. I don't know if that is good or bad. LOL
Clare

o

I aced it too :-)

o

I aced it too :-) It was all really good guesswork, yeah, that's right ;-)

o

I only got 9 out o0f 10, so I don't know if that's good or bad. I thought the strawberries and kiwi were too easy, LOL.

Annie

o

Got 8 out of 10. I could have created this quiz. I am the queen of the green and fuzzy food items.

o

You are all making me laugh!
I got a 9 out of 10. I missed the tomato, but definitely got the strawberries. I always have a few of those rotting in my refrigerator.

AM

o

I got a perfect score; I almost gagged though.

o

Unfortunately I also got a perfect score, but I think the test was too easy. Some of the close-ups were almost too close, but I managed to figure that out anyway.

Lars

o

Wow, 100%

Took a flyer on those blackberries though -- they looked strangely similar to some of my blueberries:)

Cathy in SWPA

o

Score: 9 out of 10. Few of the items on the quiz are on my spoilage list. I would love to have a rebate on the lettuce, bread, cheese, and mushrooms that I routinely have to throw out. Most often it's because of unexpected plans that put meals on hold.

o

I thought the tomato was a pomegranate.

o

Yeah, I missed the berries too. I'm way too familiar with some of them though. I probably throw out lettuce more than anything. Hate it when it's slimy. LIke that cilantro I had standing in a little water in the fridge. Yuck!

o

CL, I also missed the tomato, I thought it was a pepper, LOL.

Should I be proud or embarrassed that I got the berries right? (grin)

Annie

o

No comment...
Photobucket

o

That's one I can't figure out. Whatcha got there Linda?

o

Ooh, that's a tough one. Fossilised chicken thighs?

o

Ew. Beets?

o

I got 8 out of 10. I thought the tomato was a pepper and had no freakin' clue what the blackberries were! LOL

Good thing Linda's photo was not part of the test or I would have to go to summer school!

Linda

o

This morning, I awoke and went about my business,
and was going to make myself some toast.
But there, in the bread drawer was something I did
not recognize.
Apparently, Mother put the sliced ham in the bread
drawer. I didn't get a picture, but you might
be able to imagine.

Poor Mother.

o

Ewww, LindaC, sweet potatoes?

lbpod, how long was that ham in there? Too bad there's no picture, you know how deli style lunch meat gets that slick of irridescent color that looks like petroleum products, kind of a rainbow effect. Or did you get past that stage and into something else. And didn't you smell it? Ugh.

Makes me not feel so badly that I put a cup of coffee in the fridge at work once and looked for it until someone found it about two hours later.....

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here