SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Questions about using almond bark or chocolate

sooz
9 years ago

I was wondering about the use of almond bark and the use of chocolate chips and even those "baking discs" when making candy for holiday treats and gifts.

I want to make Sharon's Peppermint Bark and Tracey's "Aunt Pat's Peanut Clusters" (recipes below).

When I've used white or brown almond bark in the past for other treats, the bark doesn't seem to have a snap to it. Perhaps it was the recipe I used.

When I've used chocolate chips or those baking discs, same thing--melting them doesn't yield a snap to the finished product. Again, perhaps it was the recipe.

I might also want to just make some white chocolate (white almond bark) with cranberries and almonds, and want the snap to the chocolate.

How can I insure more of a "snap!" to the chocolate when I make some of these goodies? Thanks for any info!

Smiles,
Sooz

Sharon's Peppermint Bark
1 lb bittersweet chocolate
8 drops peppermint oil (Yup must use oil do not use extract or your chocolate will seize)
1 lb chopped white chocolate
3/4 cup chopped candy canes

Line a 11 X 17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside

Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heavy pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in 4 drops of peppermint oil. Spread evenly over pan and chill for about 1 hour.

Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 4 drops of peppermint oil and then add in candy cane.

Spread white chocolate over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan. Chill 4 hours.

Refrigerate just until just before serving then break into pieces. Will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks.

AND here is the recipe from tracey_oh
Aunt Pat's Peanut Clusters
1 lb white almond bark
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips
20 oz salted Spanish peanuts

Melt almond bark and chocolate chips together, stir in peanuts and scoop into balls onto wax paper.

Comments (5)