SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
compumom_gw

OVEN Advice please!

compumom
9 years ago

Last Thursday my 12 y.o. Thermador built-in double convection oven committed suicide while the broiler in the top oven was preheating. There was a loud noise, an orange flash and the display stopped working. There's a tan-orange dust in the top oven. From the beginning the broil element had occasional F33 faults and shut off, but Thermador repair had answers like- it was the aluminum foil too close to a sensor or such like. This time was something much bigger.
Being 12 years old, we are not going to repair, but planning to replace with another oven. My cabinet is designed to hold a 27" double oven which limits my choices. The entire kitchen was remodeled back in 2002-03 which means I'm not going to make any major structural changes.
I'm interested in hearing from others with double electric convection ovens. What is your recent experience? Is the fan noise loud? Do the racks slide easily? Temperature constant? Querks, etc?

As most of you know, we are empty nesters and I'm not a baker. I use my cooktop, Breville and bbq quite a bit, so the ovens don't see heavy use. That said, I want something that is efficient, even heating and nice to use. I don't think that I can carve out space for a 30", however I will call a carpenter/kitchen person in to inspect the cabinetry to see if we can squeeze it in. It would fantastic to have the option of a Bosch side opening oven door or the French door Viking!
Thanks in advance for your help!

This post was edited by compumom on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 2:36

Comments (20)