Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cast Party Time Again :-)

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 23:47

Hi everyone,

Well, it's that time again. Sunday's another cast party and here is what I'll be taking with me: Broccoli Salad and some Easy Punch. First, the punch.

I found this recipe on cooks.com. and I have changed one ingredient in this recipe. It says to use a 46 oz. can of pineapple juice. I'm not a huge fan of pineapple, so I've opted for orange juice. It may sound rude, but I thought the name Easy Punch doesn't sound fancy enough, so I renamed it to my liking: Cranberry Citrus Punch. But I'll post the original recipe for you all:

Easy Punch

1 quart cranberry juice
1 46 oz. can pineapple juice
1 6 oz. can lemonade concentrate
1 64. oz bottle soda (ginger ale, citrus, grapefruit, lemon)

Mix all together. Makes one gallon (20 servings).

I could only find a 12 ounce can of the lemonade concentrate. Oh well.

Now for the broccoli salad. I am doubling this recipe to make sure that there is enough. Broccoli crowns are on sale at the store we shopped at today, so I lucked out there. I'll post this recipe again :-).

Broccoli Salad

1 head broccoli
8 oz. bacon
8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese (I personally use mild)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 cup salad dressing
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbls. vinegar

Fry bacon crisp. Cut up broccoli into pieces. Mix salad dressing, sugar, and vinegar. Add to onions, bacon, cheese, and broccoli.

Enjoy everyone!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cast Party Time Again :-)

Brad!! No fair!!! The play I am directing ( The Mouse Trap by Agatha Christy) goes on the boards Friday....we will have some sort of a party to celebrate opening night.....whish you could come and bring your salad!!

o

Brad, that looks a lot like a salad I make, but I use half broccoli and half cauliflower, I have a daughter who loves cauliflower. We love it, I'm sure the cast will too.

that theater company is never going to want to let you leave!

Annie

o

Linda C, I would be more than happy to come and bring some broccoli salad :-). Best wishes on your opening night!

Annie, it's funny you should mention the broccoli and cauliflower salad, because that was a suggestion my mom had said about and I will have to try it one of these days.

Lol "that theater company is never going to want to let you leave!". Well, they've been very nice to me and it gives me a place to go on some Saturdays (our workdays), so I think I'll stay for a while ;-).

Looks like I'm gonna have fun this weekend. Making the salad and punch on Saturday and then enjoying the play and party on Sunday.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I remember your salad. Haven't tried it yet. I'm a big fan of cauliflower and have learned to like broccoli too. I also like the "medley" that comes under a variety of names, California Medley, Normandy, etc, that also includes carrots. If you like carrots, some shreds in there would add some color and flavor. If you like a little kick, use a pepper jack cheese. Don't skimp on the bacon buddy! :D

That punch is an old recipe and frankly, I like it. There's a lot of variations. OJ will substitute nicely although don't be afraid to try the pineapple juice in there. With the other flavors it won't be overpowering. I'm not a big fan of pineapple either but it mixes in well and adds something.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the cast party. How often do they occur?

o

Thanks for the ideas, cynic! lol No, I won't skimp on the bacon, that's for sure! Oh, and for the punch, I'll be adding some orange slices for looks.

The season begins in April, and ends in December. The plays they put on run for two weeks: the first week it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the next week it's Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here