SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Reflections On A Soup

The recent soup thread, the Yucky Tasting Stuff thread, and a few other thoughts prompted me to post this strange soup dish.

Sometime ago, I had a dear friend who was a very special lady, amazingly talented in many areas, and an extremely good human being who always had something going to save the world. She excelled in many areas except one, namely cooking.

She invited me for dinner regularly. One time, I made a mistake of commenting on a soup she served me.

"OMG, that soup is making me warm from inside out!"

"I am so happy you like the soup. Really like?"

"Well, what do you think?"

"Great I will give you the recipe later, if you promise not to give to anyone else"

It was a lousy soup. Not that it was tasteless, it tasted kind of bad. But I took the recipe anyway.

She served the same soup every time we were together, because she thought I actually liked it.

One day, she made me dinner, and the same insipid soup. I worked up enough courage to hint to her that I would like her to try another recipe for the soup.

"Alright, I will not make this soup for you again."

She was killed by a drunken driver the next day. She never served me that soup again.

But I did have her recipe, so every year on the day she left this world, I would make the same lousy tasting soup, one of the very few times I actually adhere exactly to a recipe.

BTW, I also posted something on the "Gallery" side of this forum, happens to have the same title.

dcarch

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz