SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westsider40

Tricks in creaming butter and sugar.

westsider40
10 years ago

Back in the olden days, I had a cheap hand mixer that worked so so well, only I didn't know that when I had it. I just knew it was cheap, ten or fifteen bucks, and old, maybe from the 60's or 70's. I updated my life, tossed out the old mixer, and bought a $50 Cuisinart hand mixer. Definitely not an improvement.

It doesn't have a real slow speed. It is all fast, and I have to sit my mixing bowl in my new deep sink to contain the splatters. I mix it first by hand to mush things together, but it is still way too fast. I have read the reviews of similarly priced hand mixers and I believe that the problem I am having is pretty common to most other mixers. A stand mixer is completely out, as there is simply no room. Cheap hand mixers don't seem to be the answer, either.

I used to make a mean nut butter ball cookie and that seems to be out of the question now. What are your tips for creaming butter and sugar, in view of my blankety blank mixer? And I really cannot do it all by hand due to old age and arthritis. Thanks.

Comments (14)