Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin pie

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 21:08

Ibought the pumpkin pie filling in the can. I,'m not sure how to use it.I meant to make the pie with pumpkin pur�e. Do you have to cook this filling? I made the graham cracker crust which is already baked.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin pie

Clairdo, there should be directions on the side of the can. Yes, it needs to be cooked and, I think, two eggs need to be added. It's not intended for a graham cracker crust but, maybe, somebody has a recipe? Try checking the Libby's website? That happened here a few years ago. I sent DH to the store for Libby's pumpkin puree and he came home with the pie filling.

/tricia

o
RE: Pumpkin pie

Pumpkin pie filling is a custard, and can be baked without any crust at all, if you want. I'd prebake the graham cracker crust first just to make sure it doesn't get too soggy from the filling.

It should be delicious. Two of my favorite tastes. In our family, pie crust is a garnish that no one really likes, so we've tried all kinds of different strategies and combinations for "crusts".

Martha Stewart says (??!!) this for her pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press crust mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch metal pie plate. Freeze 15 minutes. Bake crust until dry and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.

Enjoy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here