SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissaki5

Potatoes didn't cook??

melissaki5
9 years ago

I made yemista - greek style stuffed tomatoes, green peppers, and eggplant- yesterday, and even after several hours in the oven the potatoes never really cooked. I sauteed an onion, added ground beef, garlic, after browned I added the inside of 1/2 the tomatoes, rice, parsley salt, pepper mint. Reduced the liquid a bit and stuffed the vegetables. Put them in a large, metal round baking pan, tucked wedges of potatoes around the veggies and poured the remaining tomato insides seasoned and a little olive oil over the whole thing. Baked at 350 then MIL (who has been staying with us since March UGH!) turned down oven to 300 (when I left to run some errands. I get back and after about 3 hours of this being in oven vegetables were cooked, rice was cooked, potatoes still mostly raw and hard as rocks. Covered with foil for 30 minutes and when they still weren't done I pulled them out. Veggies were great potatoes not so much. Any clues as to why they wouldn't have cooked? I'm guessing either the potatoes were bad, they were not submerged enough in liquid, or the low oven temp. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Melissa

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!