SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diana55_gw

Speaking of Salmon..........

diana55
16 years ago

I made these Salmon cakes the other night and they were really good!!! I thought I would share the recipe. I used this dill sauce for Salmon Fillets too.

Salmon Cakes w/ Dill Sauce

Makes 8 cakes.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Cooking Time: 10 minutes (20 minutes if you can only fit 4 cakes in the pan)

The Ingredients:

For the Cakes:

2 6oz cans of salmon (Ive used both premium salmon at $2.50/can and cheap salmon at $1.50/can. I noticed no real difference between the two. Make sure to get boneless skinless salmon though.)

2 eggs

1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

1/4 cup potato pancake mix or dry potato flakes

1 onion

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp dill (if you serve the cakes with the dill sauce, you can omit the dill in the cakes or use less)

1/4 tsp. celery salt

Enough olive oil to coat your pan

Dash of salt and pepper

1 tsp. Paprika

For the Dill Sauce:

1/2 tsp lemon juice

2 Tbs. dijon mustard

2 Tbs. Mayonnaise

3/4 tsp. dill

1 and 1/2 Tbs. Buttermilk

The algorithm:

Beat the eggs and set aside. Mince the garlic and the onion. Shred the salmon into a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs,garlic, onion, bread crumbs, potato flakes, dill, and celery salt. Mix well. Form the mix into 8 equal sized balls. Press balls into a cake shape. The cakes will be fragile so be careful with them. Sprinkle paprika on top.

Coat a pan with olive oil.Cook the cakes for 5 miuntes on each side over medium heat. Be careful when flipping them. I highly recommend using a spatula.

While the cakes are cooking, mix the dijon mustard, mayonnaise, dill, and buttermilk to form the sauce. The sauce can be used for dipping or spread ontop of the cake.

Diana55

Comments (3)