SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

Post your favorite pumpkin recipe

loves2cook4six
13 years ago

I just received my second to last CSA delivery and I have 12 pie pumpkins. HELP!

I need lots of recipes. My family loves pumpkin.

I've pumpkin baking in the oven and will be making this tomorrow - my ddd is already salivating

Pumpkin Swiss Roll

SUMMARY:

Very easy to make. I've updated the directions to reflect proper swiss roll technique

INGREDIENTS:

- 3 large eggs

- 71/2 ounces canned pumpkin (half of a 15 oz. can)

- 1 cup sugar

- 1 cup flour

- 1 teaspoon baking soda

- 1 teaspoon baking powder

- 1 teaspoon PENZEYS CINNAMON

- Filling:

- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened

- 1 cup powdered sugar + 2 TB. for topping

- 1 teaspoon PURE VANILLA EXTRACT

- 2 TB. butter

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a jelly roll pan (I used a half sheet pan) with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray or rub with oil.

In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and pumpkin. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter in the pan and spread evenly using a flexible spatula. It makes a VERY thin layer

Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes till the top is dry and springs back when pressed. SPRINKLE THE TOP OF THE CAKE GENEROUSLY WITH SUGAR THEN quickly turn the cake over and out onto a clean dish towel (not a terry one), a plain cloth, or cheesecloth, or another sheet of parchment paper. Discard the parchment paper lining and trim the crisp edges. Carefully roll the cake from the long end. (I roll the towel into the roll. It makes it easier to unroll) You can also roll from the short end if you want a thicker roll to serve about 10. Let rest for about 3-5 minutes. If it is left too long rolled up it is hard to unroll it without cracking. Unroll and allow to cool.

Beat together the filling ingredients. Spread gently with the filling all the way to the edges, re-roll and place on a serving platter. Sift 2 TB. powdered or granulated sugar over the top. Admire, then cut into circles and serve.

SERVINGS: 16

SOURCE: Penzey's catalog

===============

Comments (19)