SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dunes1_gw

Capital Culinarian rotisserie

Dunes1
9 years ago

Follow up: Success! It was me - not the rotisserie! Here's what works GREAT - do not preheat the broiler; put the rotisserie item on the spit and set in a cold oven; turn on the broiler and rotisserie, when chicken, pork roast - whatever - is completely (and gorgeously) browned, turn off the broiler, in five minutes, turn off the rotisserie then leave in oven for ten minutes.

Previous: I have a Capital Culinarian with open burners and a rotisserie. It is a fantastic piece of equipment. The open burners are great - the heat is so even that everything cooks better and quicker!

We love the rotisserie, too. BUT, I've used it for seasoned and plain chicken a couple of times and a boneless pork roast with a dry herb and garlic rub. They have all burned on the outside before the center was cooked enough. I called Capital and they said there is no way to change the broiler temperature (that's the oven setting for when you use the rotisserie).

Does anyone have any experience with the Capital rotisserie? Any suggestions on how to cook through without a carbon crust?

Thanks!

This post was edited by Dunes1 on Tue, Oct 14, 14 at 8:50

Comments (3)