SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Baking sheets

lindac
11 years ago

Believe it or not, I have worn my first one out....so I ordered another Sil-Pat to fit a half sheet pan. likely should have ordered 2....but that might be extravagant.

While ordering and googling to find out where to order, I thought to wonder about the difference between silicon and silicones.....being a breast cancer survivor....well nuff said...TMI!!

For those who have not done the research, silicon is an element, non metallic and a good conductor or heat and electricity.

Silicones are compounds using silicon and are used for non stick baking mats, combined with fiberglass and for heat resistant gloves substituting for traditional hot pads.

I am looking forward to having a new Sil-pat...not sure how I cooked without (thanks Dear DIL!) I use it for biscuits and butter cookies, rolling out rolls and occasionally as a liner for a bread baking pan. But I find that the bottom crust is not as brown and crisp as when I use my Chicago Metallic baguette pans.

The pans don't make a 26 inch loaf, but they are perforated and allow a lovely browned crust, not as beautiful as Ann's....but...mine are very good. I've been too busy these past 2 months to bake at all....sigh.

Well Amazon says my new sil-pat will come at the end of this week, and the play I have been direction will be over...and I will be back to home made bread!....blazing hot oven, over hydrated dough.....and the crisp crust from that combination!

Oh yeah.....and I ran across a special on butter last week!!!

How many sil-pat baking sheets do you have? And do you also use them for rolling out pastry?

Here is a link that might be useful: bread pans

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths