SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

Care package for the college kid

lowspark
13 years ago

We're driving up to Austin tomorrow to visit my son who is there attending Univ of Texas. Whenever I visit I always bring cookies or something like that for him. Last time he was here at home we had bagels and I told him to take some with him but alas there were none of the "good" flavors (the ones he likes) left. So I promised to bring a dozen on my next trip. We happen to live spittin' distance from THE best New York bagel shop outside of NYC. Anyway, while we were chatting about those bagels he wanted, he also dropped some heavy hints about me making dinner type food to bring him. OY!

So... here are the chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. Yes, there is a sort of empty space in the middle of the right tray. I DID run out of dough, that cookie is NOT in my stomach.... ummmm... well, you know, they were HOT out of the oven. Could you resist???

CCCs are the favorite around here.

Here they are, packaged and ready to go.

Then I made him spinach lasagna. Well, not really lasagna, I used tri-color rotini noodles instead of lasagna, but the rest of the recipe was the same as lasagna.

Here they are, in my freezer, waiting for the trip tomorrow morning. We'll pick up the bagels on our way out tomorrow morning so they will be fresh.

Comments (16)