SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

Anyone Use Grapefruit Spoons?

shannonplus2
16 years ago

I posted this message on the Cookware Forum, but it gets so much less traffic, that I thought I'd cross-post on this Forum in hopes that there's others out there who know about grapefruit spoons!

I discovered how great are grapefruit spoons when I bought a couple at a flea market. I think they are a dying breed, from a bygone time when people had a separate utensil for everything. I guess no one uses them anymore, but they make grapefruit eating so easy! Also kiwi, avocado, and other fruits and vegetables.

So, I am looking for a full new set of grapefruit spoons. I decided I wanted brand new modern, rather than antiques I could find on eBay or flea markets. One issue with the flea market ones I have is that they are not ergonomic; they're thin and a little difficult to hold.

I am not sure what I am looking for though, and would appreciate any input from the experts on this Forum. I notice that some grapefruit spoons have the serrations on two sides, while some are serrated just on one side (like the Williams-Sonoma set), but am not sure what difference that makes. Price is not a factor, since they are all pretty reasonably priced.

Linked below are a few I found online, although today I saw some at BedBath&Beyond similar to the Norpro's, and they looked thin and cheap, so they're probably out of the running. But let me know if there are others that are best. Thanks!

Williams-Sonoma Grapefruit Spoons

Henckels Grapefruit Spoons

Global Decor Grapefruit Spoons

Norpro Grapefruit Spoons

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!