Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 16:52

I just bought 40 lbs for 1.69 a lb.
Just opened the grocery flyer for today and they are on sale for 4.98 a lb. Yowza!
How much are they in your neck of the woods now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

I bought a big pack of them today at Sam's Club for $1.77 a pound. Sometimes they are cheaper than that at Meijer.

Sue

o

This week there was a special for bone in chicken breasts for $.99 a pound.....that translates to about $1.50 a pound for bone less skinless, plus some labor....but I get the skin and bones for stock!!

o

I don't buy Perdue but their Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts are the least expensive in my store today at $4.89/lb.

/tricia

o

BSCBs are $1.99/lb. at Wegmans food store through the end of 2012. I haven't bought any so don't know how good they are.

o

I wouldn't have gone for THAT kinda poundage... but GREAT price. I'll always buy some when price is right... though not necessarily my favorite!?! I prefer bone-in chicken breasts or tenders. Boneless/skinless breasts seem to go from perfect to hockey puck if ya blink too long?!?

o

I don't usually check for BSCB because I prefer ones with bones and skin, and the last of those we bought were $1.49 a pound. I put them in the smoker on Sunday with a boneless turkey breast and some spicy Italian sausage so that I could make quick meals with them this week. I'm afraid boneless skinless chicken breasts would dry up in the smoker, but the ones I cooked on Sunday came out very moist and with a great flavor. I use them in pasta salad that I make with a lot of pickled Italian vegetables plus an olive salad (in a jar) that is supposed to be used to make muffaletta. The dishes that I made with BSCB are actually a lot more work than the other chicken dishes I make, which is another reason I do not buy them often.

Lars

o

I can get Purdue on sale for $2.49 per lb...... but I prefer the Bell & Evans which is $3.00+ per lb on sale (and $6.99 not on sale).

Alexa

o

Probably one of the most variable-priced staples I can think of. Just a quick check online of two stores where I regularly shop, one has family pack on sale for $1.99/lb (no brand name but I've not had an issue with their "house chicken") versus $7.49/lb for Bell & Evans at the other store. $1.99/lb does seem to be a common sale price for BSCB, though I usually end up spending a bit more.

o

wow, what crazy prices for chicken breast. I also like the bone in pieces better, I can render a BSCB inedible in no time flat, dry and bland. It's my specialty, LOL.

Anyway, bone in chicken breast is on sale at my local independent grocer for $1.59 a pound this week. Leg quarters are 59 cents in another store in a nearby town, but you have to buy 10 pounds.

Annie

o

Cheapest I can get them is about $12/kg. It always cracks me up when you guys complain about how expensive things are there :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here