Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
T & T pumpkin cocktails?

Posted by arlinek (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 16:35

Anyone have a T & T recipe for pumpkin cocktails? Prefer it a little creamy as opposed to real thin. Searching on the forum here was a waste of time. Found a few online but don't know which taste particularly good and don't want to buy all the various different liquors until it's been tasted by a few others and given a "thumbs up" ... Thanks.

arline

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: T & T pumpkin cocktails?

I honestly have to say that I cannot imagine a pumpkin cocktail, but then pumpkin is merely a squash vehicle for spices, and not my favorite more than a tiny slice of pie once a year.

But since you asked, I searched the Serious Eats website and found some that might fit your needs. I'll take a glass of pinot noir, tho.

Here is a link that might be useful: pumpkin cocktails

o

I saw this recently.

Pumpkin Liquor

Pumpkins augur the onset of winter. Infusing vodka with the king of fall produce ought to improve your outlook, combining the flavors of fall with a hint of caramel.
Pumpkin Liquor

Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour plus 6 weeks
Yield: Makes about 1 quart
Ingredients

2 cups water
1 cup granulated white sugar
3 vanilla beans, split
3 cinnamon sticks, cracked
6 whole cloves allspice
6 whole cloves
3 inches fresh ginger, sliced
Pinch ground nutmeg
2 cups roasted pumpkin, cubed
4 cups decent quality vodka
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, optional
2 tablespoons bourbon, optional

Cooking directions

To make syrup, bring water to boil in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add sugar. Stir and reduce heat. Add vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, clove, ginger and nutmeg. Stir and remove from heat. Allow syrup to cool, about 30 minutes.

Toss cubed pumpkin into tall wide-mouthed jar. Pour vodka over cubes. Add 1 cup syrup. Seal and gently shake contents. Refrigerate up to 1 week, shaking daily. At week's end, add maple syrup to sweeten and bourbon to darken, if needed.

Strain contents through metal sieve into airtight container. Seal and store in a cool dark place for 5 to 6 weeks. Shake periodically. Strain contents into a clean bottle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alcoholic pumpkin.

o

Not T&T but I do plan to make this when I have Book Club at my house in November. I just got this link in an email today and it sounds really good as it's simple, creamy and the flavors look like they will mesh well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosie's Pumpkin Pie Martini

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here