SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Farmers Market Report for Oct 4 2012

wizardnm
11 years ago

The weather forecast was good until the night before, rain that was supposed to clear out over night was suddenly going to continue. I went to bed, wondering what I should do if I couldn't sell my goodies at the market. I decided that the senior center would be a good place to donate to...OK, I can sleep now.

I woke up to the sound of rain, poured a cup of coffee and sat down at this computer to check the radar. There's hope! The front was moving away. Time to get ready.

I waited to set up until the last minute...it is now just misting out. There were only about half of the folks there that were there the week before. I checked with the market manager and got assigned a place right in the middle of the market on the sidewalk. Not enough vendors showed up to even need a second row. The sky is getting lighter, the mist quit and I'm happy.

Here's my setup... the dark green box on the left of the pic is covering a fire pit that was started a few weeks ago. It caused a big uproar and work is suspended for now. Townspeople did not like the fact that it was going to block the view (it was to be 20 ft high).

Looking up the street from my booth area...

Looking down the street the other way...

The booth next to me was all wild mushrooms...all edible.

I took a couple of close ups for mushroom lovers...

I walked up the street and took a few more pics

Look at what I found... the European Celery that I started a thread about a few days ago. I didn't realize that that vendor did both markets.

Bought it and here it is at home...

The view from behind my booth...

Sorry this is so long. I haven't even told you that I did really well, sold all the breads (Apple Pie Bread and Banana Bread) and almost all the Peanut Butter Bars and Caramel Rice Krispie Treats. I had about half a tray of the Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls to bring home (had two trays) and those went with Kim to work this morning. Jam's even sold better.

No market this coming week because of Applefest. I'll put a link below for anyone that would like to check it out.

I wish I could be part of it, but didn't apply far enough ahead. It's been going on for many years and has grown to be huge. I'll be there as a customer though!

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Charlevoix Apple Fest

Comments (21)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994