SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

NEW! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest!

dedtired
11 years ago

Did anyone else notice this announcement at the top of the page? It's being discussed a lot on other GW forums. GW now has a FB page (and Pinterest account, which I don't use). This means whatever we post here may show up on FB. The very first picture is Annie's Salsa.

Here's why I am not going to Like the GW FB page. I post stuff here that I may not want to share with people I know who are not part of GW. I like keeping my two internet worlds separate. A lot of my FB friends are also GW friends, but that's okay.

If I Like GW, then my neighbors, former neighbors and old school friends may Like it too, then follow it here and read stuff I post that is not meant for them. Of course, my screen name here is not known to anyone not on GW but lots of people know my first name and use it here, as I do with them.

I realize of course that my neighbors could randomly find this place, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

And, I realize that GW is wide open to anyone on the internet, there is nothing private about it. We all signed a privacy agreement when we signed up and I guess that says that whatever we say and post belongs to them. Lots of sites require that permission.

What do you think?

Comments (40)