Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spaghetti squash recipes needed..

Posted by indy452 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 13:20

I have acquired three spaghetti squashes this week from a friend and since it really has no unique flavor, but takes on flavors well I'm in need of something other than butter and Parmesan cheese on these bad boys....

You good folks on this forum have any suggestions I could try?

Two are around 2# but one is a big one at around 4#. I would like to have something serve as a main course rather than a side.

Thank you...
Neal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spaghetti squash recipes needed..

I use spaghetti squash just like regular spaghetti with my favorite spaghetti sauce. I also use it with my butternut squash sauce and get a major dose of veggies.
My next recipe is this one from Trader Joe's. Was in the newsletter they send out. Spaghetti Squash Carbonara!
How bad can it be with bacon, cheese, garlic, and peas?
Check it out.
Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=171

o

I toss cooked spaghetti squash with butter, brown sugar, and fresh grated ginger, salt & pepper, then put it back in the oven for a few minutes, until all the ingredients meld together.

It's DS's favorite way to eat squash.

o

I add some chopped green onion, chopped red pepper and a vinaigrette.....serve it cold as a salad sort of thing...like slaw or a pasta s\alad...sort of!!

o

I found this recipe on Pinterest from Whole Foods and made it last night - delicious and different. Not my pic..

Spicy Spaghetti Squash with Black Beans

Serve these stuffed squash halves immediately or fill with the stuffing and refrigerate them, covered, one day in advance. Simply reheat them before serving.
Ingredients:
• 1 medium spaghetti squash
• Filling
• 2 teaspoons olive or corn oil
• 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
• 1 jalapeño chili, seeded, minced
• 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
• 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained well
• 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• All of the reserved cooked squash, about 4 cups
• 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
Method:
Roast squash in a 375�F oven for 50 minutes until tender or cut squash in half and place in a microwave dish with 1/2 inch of water, lightly covered with plastic wrap for 20 minutes on high until tender. cool. When cool, scoop flesh from squash halves leaving the shell intact for stuffing.

For the filling, heat oil in a large pan and saut� red onion, jalape�o chili and red pepper for 2 minutes. Add beans, corn and chili powder; saut� 1 minute longer. Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice and salt, cook 1 minute until heated through.

Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center.

Nutritional Info:
Per Serving:

• 160 calories (30 from fat)
• 3.5g total fat
• 0.5g saturated fat
• 0mg cholesterol
• 330mg sodium
• 29g carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)

o
RE: Spaghetti squash recipes needed..2

One more I pinned but haven't tried yet- looks yummy though:

Spaghetti Squash Tomato bake

Here is a link that might be useful: Spaghetti Squash Tomato Bake

o

happened upon this one this morning on Tipnut....have not tried but looks good.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/budget-recipes/spaghetti-squash-with-sausage-and-greens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here