SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Cinnamon Rolls for Sheshebop

annie1992
16 years ago

One of the breakfast items I made for the Michigan Run was cinnamon rolls. This was a new recipe for me, the dough was wonderful to work with, silky and pliant. I put everything in the bread machine on dough cycle, then removed the dough, rolled it out, filled it and cut it, then put it on a greased baking sheet and put it in the freezer.

Readinglady and I discussed freezing the rolls and decided the best solution was to freeze the rolls unbaked. The night before I wanted them I removed the tray from the freezer and put it in the refrigerator. The next morning I put the tray on the stove top while the oven preheated, and let them rise just a little more than they had, then baked them. They were perfect, soft and tender, hot and gooey from the oven. I didn't even frost them!

CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS

*********Rolls**********

1 package active dry yeast (I used 3 tsp of bulk yeast)

1 cup warm milk -- (105 to 110)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1/3 cup margrine -- melted

4 cups all purpose flour

**********Filling************

1 Cup packed brown sugar

2 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon

1/3 cup margarine -- softened

*********Icing************

8 tablespoons (1) margarine -- softened

1 1/2 cups powered sugar

1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 salt

1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.

2. Add the sugar, margarine, salt, eggs, and flour, and mix well

3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.

Put in bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled.

4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough flat until it is approximately 21 inches long and 16 inches wide. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.

5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.

7. Working carefully from the top ( a21-inch side), roll the dough in the bottom edge.

8. Cut the rolled dough into 1 3/4-inch slices and place 6 at a time evenly spaced in a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top

9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.

1. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.

Annie

Comments (43)

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Annie,

That's a keeper recipe, thank you for sharing it! My bread machine can bake up to a 2 pound loaf, can I accommodate this recipe in there do you think? Did you do the standard "wet on the bottom, dry on the top"? It sounds similar to the one I made last weekend, though I think yours will make more dough (and more cinnamon rolls).
    copying and pasting......:-)
    DONNA

• Virginia7074
    16 years ago

Ooh, yes - I've made those Cinnabon clone rolls before and they are wonderful.

Over on the Recipe Exchange, someone posted a Farm Journal recipe that I'd like to try, too. One of my questions was, how could I make them in advance and bake them the next morning and you've answered that. Thanks, Annie!

• Related Discussions

Looking for Cinnamon roll recipe made in blender

Q

Comments (3)
    no, a regular blender! They weren't the ultimate best cinnamon rolls ever, but for the time invested, they were great!
    ...See More

Cinnamon rolls?

Q

Comments (5)
    Don't know about the strong yeast flavor. I use active dry yeast and can't get it as much as I adore a yeasty smell. This is an old Sunset recipe which I've used. I've also used, in a hurry, that frozen bread dough (3 loaves). I let it thaw, roll out, smear with butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, roll up, cut and bake. Cinnamon Swirl Loaf (Sunset. 70's) (Using a mixer substitutes for some kneading.) 1 pkg. active dry yeast 1/4 c. warm water (105 degrees) 2/3 c. milk, scalded & cooled to warm 1 tsp. salt 1/4 c. sugar 1/4 c. butter, melted & cooled 2 eggs, room temp. 3 c. flour, unsifted 2 T. melted butter 1/4 c. sugar (like brown) 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon Mix yeast & water in lg. electric mixer bowl. Let stand 5 min. Stir in milk, salt & 1/4 c. each of sugar & butter. Add eggs & 1 1/2 c. flour; beat at med. speed 3 min. Beat in rest of flour, stirring in if mixer balks. (may knead at this point, if desired). Turn dough in greased bowl to butter to grease top. Cover; let rise til doubled, about 2 hrs. Turn oven to 350 degrees; grease 9x5 loaf pan. Punch down & roll out on floured board to 9x18. Spread 2 T. melted butter over rectangle. Mix sugar & cinnamon; sprinkle over. Start at narrow end & roll tightly. (for rolls cut 1 1/8 inches wide (for 8) and place in buttered pan to fit - used a round cake pan). Place in loaf pan; cover & let double, about 1 1/2 hrs. Bake until well browned, about 30-35 min. Turn out of pan. I haven't tried this recipe at Joy of Baking but others have been excellent. Plus there's a video. Joy of Baking cinnamon rolls
    ...See More

Baking cinnamon rolls

Q

Comments (7)
    I am so sorry I didn't get back to you all yesterday. Our internet went out at 4am Sun. morning and only now got fixed. Lightening. I ended up doing one pan at a time. What made it easy is each pan is supposed to sit for at least 20 min. before going in the oven. So while one pan was cooking, the other pan was resting, and so on. I do have room to set them side by side, but I wasn't going to risk it, since I had spent 4 hours on my feet by then. :)
    ...See More

Overnight cinnamon rolls

Q

Comments (16)
    I'm going to try making cinnamon rolls this weekend. I'll do AnnT's from Joy of Baking. I will have to make two batches since there's 5 of us and I'm sure my adult boys will be comming by. I'll also pinch a bit of dough off for my 9 yo thay can't eat cinnamon. Gotta figure out something to put in his. I do have some apricot preserves that he loves. Do you thi nk it will work?
    ...See More
  • msazadi
    16 years ago

I'll have to try this one out Annie. I don't see why I couldn't add nuts etc for a filling - do you or RL ??

Interesting that you call for margarine not butter? any reason?

Maureen

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

Thanks Annie. I love my cinnamon rolls, but they are not as pretty as yours. I will try these.
    I also freeze after the first rise, then take out several hours before I want to bake them. They will not keep all that long in the freezer, though, before they lose their "rising power." I had some in once for two months, and they would not rise. But the ones that have been in several weeks to a month rise with no problem.
    Maureen, she might have said margarine instead of butter because I am on Weight Watchers!
    Sherry

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

This is the Cinnabon "clone" I use.
    I use either french vanilla or cheesecake pudding.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cinnabon Likes

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Annie : Someday you will have to try the same thing and make Cinnamon Buns.
    Is it the part of the Country people live in that dictates Buns or Rolls ??? Are you not allowed Cinnamon Buns ???
    Or is it where the recipe originated.
    I know you don't like Raisins, But !!!
    I'll post the Recipe "again". The dough is about the same except I use Oil.

LouÂs Cinnamon Buns ------

SS Pan ,9 ½ in by 12 in by 2 ½ in deep Or Pyrex baking dish

3/4 stick of butter and 1 tablesp. Of Vegetable oil
    Pancake syrup , Brown Sugar and a little granulated sugar
    Cinnamon and Raisins

Melt the butter in the pan and let it cool ( put it in the refrig. a few minutes)
    Level it across the pan and back into the refrig to harden.

Take it out and Sprinkle very little oil and move it around with the back of a spoon.
    Dribble some pancake syrup all around the pan , then a little gran. Sugar
    Then lay in some brown sugar . DonÂt be chincey , leave some lumps.
    Last sprinkle ( good bit ) of Cinnamon and Raisins. You can also add some walnuts,
    If you want to. If you donÂt want to , donÂt do it but donÂt blame me , if you didnÂt
    Do and wish you had done , etc.

Take half + of the recipe of the Platt Bread dough and roll it out to about
    3/16 in thick ( 3 pennies ) You can do the dough in 2 pieces if it is easier.
    Try to roll them out to at least 16 in long. x 12 in. Sprinkle some pancake syrup,
    Sugar and cinnamon on the dough , then some raisins. Roll the dough up loosely,
    Making a 12 in. long Roll and cut into 1 1/4 in. pieces. Mark the roll ,at half way
    and half again before cutting., into 8 pieces. Do the same to the other piece of dough
    Place these pieces in the pan that you prepared ,
    leaving spaces in between , because the dough will grow.
    Push them around with your fingers, to fill the pan evenly.
    When the dough is doubled , bake in a 320 degree oven , on a shelf
    near the top, for about 25 to 35 minutes or golden brown.
    You can Baste , with an egg milk mix, while baking.
    When it is removed from the oven , place a piece of aluminum foil over it and
    a large cutting board or cookie tin and then flip it over and remove the pan.
    If some of the goodies stay in the pan take them out right away and patch
    the Buns while the goo is still hot.
    WARNING !!!! Get away from them until they cool. !!!!!!!!
    You will burn your lips
    Now you can see if you used enough brown sugar and gooey stuff.

{{!gwi}}

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou, I like cinnamon buns, although here we would call them "sticky buns". I didn't use the nuts because so many people are allergic to nuts anymore that I don't add any unless I know for sure that the people I'm cooking for can have them. I don't like the raisins baked in rolls because they always get hard, although I do like raisins in other things. Plus, I wasn't sure how all that "sticky" would freeze and then thaw.

The filling isn't as important to me as the dough was, that dough was so nice to work with, it didn't "fight" and snap back or need a rest.

Sherry, the recipe called for margarine. I used butter, but of course, you probably already figured that out. (grin)

Annie

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

I'll give that recipe a try also, sounds good.

I do one thing different when I want to freeze them. I like to freeze the logs of dough without cutting them. When you take them out of the freezer let them set at room temp for 15-30 minutes then slice and put in your pan, put in the frig and take out to bake in the morning. We did them this way for five yrs when we had the deli.

Nancy

• diana55
    16 years ago

Thanks for the recipe Annie. I think you have started something. I have such a craving for them right now. I have a 2lb machine too, so I hope that works out. Thanks for sharing!!! Diana55

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

Nancy,
    What a great idea! I never thought of that, freezing in the log. When I cut them after the first rise, they don't stay so pretty, but if I cut them in a part frozen state, they should stay nicer and not get so topsy turvy. That's why I love this forum: lots of smart cookies out there giving me good ideas that I was too dumb to think of!!! LOL
    Sherry

• lindac
    16 years ago

Soooo...roll them up and freeze, then take the roll out of the freezer...let that for 20 to 30 minutes, cut in to roll sizen place in a greased pan, cover and refrigerate until morning.
    How long does it take to rise enough to bake then...after you take them out of the frig?
    I make sticky buns....almost the same recipe...2 eggs 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter cup of milk..... the only thing different is the sticky stuff on the bottom.
    I bake them first...slack bake a little, cool and wrap the whole pan in foil and freeze. Then put the frozen pan into a 325 oven for 30 minutes....and I swear they are as good as before they were frozen.
    Thinking Christmas morning.....which way would be faster?
    Linda C

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

If you kitchen is cool, you don't even need to put them in the frig...

I used to take the frozen rolls from the freezer, let them warm just enough to be able to cut them and place in baking pans, did this about 8pm. Covered them loosely in a big plastic food bag. In the summer when it was warm, I put them in the walkin cooler in the winter I left them on a counter in the kitchen area.
    Walk in the next morning to open up at 9am and turned the oven on before I did anything else. Got the rolls out of the cooler (if that's where they were) and soon as the oven was preheated I'd pop the rolls in. Everyone's frig. is different, we kept the walkin at about 34F, if they needed more rising, it didn't take long.

Frosting trick I learned... after removing the rolls from the oven, wait just 5-10 min. and give them a smear of icing...it will melt down into the roll. When the rolls are almost cooled, give them a second smear to finish....extra good!

Nancy

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Annie: It's funny, when I first got on the FF, I caught a ration of carp .
    Because I used almost the exact same recipe that you do , for Dough,
    to make Braided Bread and Cinnamon Buns.
    I still use it. Sometimes I add a cup of WW flour.
    But then I'm not the Frugal Gourmet.
    You ae right about calling them Sticky Buns.
    Like in Philly we call Subs, " Hoagies ".

The Raisens don't get hard in the Buns and you can freeze them.
    As for the nuts, I haven't met anyone, who is allergic to them .

I've met a lot of Nuts that I'm allergic to.
    LOU

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

Would there be any necessary changes to the recipe if using whole grain or whole wheat flour in place of bleached white?
    I love cinnamon buns and would like to try some with WW or spelt flour, lots of cinnamon, raisins, nuts and soft margarine. I could have one of those without too much guilt from time to time LOL. Has anyone made them this way? TIA.

SharonCb

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

Sharon, since I switched to primarily using whole wheat, I think I will try these with whole wheat. I make them sticky buns though, with cinnamon and pecans on the bottom. I will try them (but not with raising, yuck) and let you know hoe they turned out.
    When I take mine from the freezer, they only take 3 hours to thaw and raise.
    Sherry

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Sharon, as you know I atleast sub 1 c of bread or Unbleached AP for KA's White Whole Wheat, with NO taste changes. So why not sub whatever you'd like..I'm sure it wouldn't make to much of a difference.

• ritaotay
    16 years ago

If you want to cut back on the fats, substitute milk for the butter in the filling... I flatten out the dough, pour on a little milk, smear it around so all the dough is good and wet then sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar, roll, cut and bake.

Rita

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou, I didn't know anyone who was allergic to nuts for a long time. Now one of my employees is allergic to nuts, two of my nieces are allergic to nuts and Ashley has a friend from college who is allergic to nuts. Not to peanuts, but to "tree nuts".

I wonder why so many, or if people were allergic before and I just didn't know it.

Annie

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Annie: I hadn't realized that many were allergic to nuts.

The worst kind are the one's walking around.
    Sometimes they swing in trees.!!!

Sharon : I don't know about using all WW flour. I've only subed 1 cup, because I don't know if it will rise the same.

Has anyone used all WW flour ??????????

Rita: I use a drizzle of oil and pancake syrup then sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon.

With all the bad stuff that goes into them ,I don't worry about a little fat, just MODERATE , ( YEH!!! SURE )
    LOU

• msazadi
    16 years ago

Nancy, thanks so much for the log/freeze hint. That's just perfect for getting a better shaped finished product - or at least I hope so!! It will be a while till I make these babies but boy will I be ready.

Lou, I want nuts and raisins in mine...Cinnabon my ...uh ..*ss. And yes, I was raised on Nana's Philadelphia style sticky buns. It was a bit of a stretch for Lithuanian her to get it right but she was living in Philadelphia post WWII so that helped a whole lot I'd say.

Annie, I truly believe all the carp we have eaten over the past 50 yrs has done a serious # on our immune systems. Hence the allergies to this that and the other...imho.

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Maureen; I just made a batch with Cashews and Raisens.
    I'm older than you, we called them Cinnamon Bunns.
    These are the recipes that no one wants to try ??? Maybe I have to go on TV !!!

These were made with 1 cup of ww flour subbed for AP Flour.

Just in case Maryanne happens to come by this weekend.
    I also made my Fluffy CheeseCake and some Spaghetti Sauce ( Gravy ) and a loaf of Platted Bread.
    Don't tell her I made all this.

SharonC and Sherry : Eat your heart out. LOL! LOL!

LOU

{{gwi:1476807}}

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Annie : You should try a one cup substitue of WW flour.
    Makes them more tender.

The Raisins don't get hard in the Sticky Cinnamon Buns.

Makes great Platted ( Braided ) Bread too.
    I bake it at 425 Deg. and baste with a milk egg mix, 2 times. Once when it starts to show tan spots and again when it is almost done.

Lou said that. I don't know why ??? You won't try it anyway.

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

~somewhat OT'ing this post~
    Sharon, I'm going to try making mine soon with Spelt, and maybe a few other non wheat flours.

I think we've discovered (mom and I) that wheat, corn and soy compound our circulation problems. Oh and red meat..which makes me very sad..but if it keeps me from my feet and ankles and lower legs ballooning..I'll live without beef... My mom has battled with it for over 30 years, and I just started having more trouble this past spring. It's hereditary and comes from her father's side of the family, and "regular" doctors are useless with treatment, so she's consulting a naturopath type guy.

Anyway, in just a few days, my feet and legs are the least swollen they've been in MONTHS!

Friday, my mom baked Sol's Brown Sugar cookies and GlendaAL's Sour Cream Banana Cake using a mix of 3 flours blended equally for the AP in the recipes. We used Spelt, Oat Flour and Sorguhm. Hubby and boys didn't even notice a taste difference, the only thing I noticed is the banana cake was moister than normal, and that both recipes baked up a bit darker than normal.

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Terri: Are you sure it's from the things you mentioned ???
    LOU

• hawk307
    16 years ago

SharonCb: Here is the recipe again for the Braided Bread and Cinnamon Bunns.
    I put in the Bunns in a previous Thread above.
    Usually I make 1 loaf of bread and a batch of Cinnamon Bunns.

LuigiÂs - - - Plaited Bread or Dough for Cinnamon Buns Etc.

2 cups of milk, (warm ) - - 1 1/3 cup of Sugar
    3 large eggs- beaten (save ½ egg w. a little milk for basting )
    1 teasp.+ of Vanilla - - ½ cup + of oil - - ½ teasp. Salt
    2 packs of Fleischmans Active dry yeast
    AP Flour - 3 cups to start ( probably about 6 total ) enough to knead into a soft ball that doesnÂt stick to your hands. You can Substitute a cup or two of WW Flour.

Stir the yeast in a 1/3 cup of warm water w. ½ spoon of sugar, to test it for raising.

In a large mixing bowl, or (KA mixer) place the warm the milk ( not hot )
    add the sugar ,vanilla , salt & eggs
    Beat until the sugar is dissolved and add the Yeast and mix well.
    Add 3 cups of flour and mix with mixer a few minutes or by hand.
    Add flour until you make a soft Ball of dough that doesnÂt stick to your hands.
    DonÂt make it stiff , try to keep it a "soft dough." Sprinkle some flour
    under the ball and knead it until smooth. Place it in a large bowl, Rub some oil on top.
    Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm spot until double.

Punch it down and knead the dough again. Then cut into 2 pieces ( 2 loaves ).
    Divide each piece into 3. Roll each of these 3 pieces into the shape
    of a sweet potato ( about 10 in long ).
    With the basting ( egg ) mixture and wet the tips of the 3 pieces and stick them together at one end . Then spread the other end the shape of an arrow Place the 2 shaped loaves on lightly oiled cookie tins, or loaf pans.
    Preheat the oven to 400 deg.
    Spray some Pam on the loaves or brush with oil. This will keep them from drying while raising. When doubled in size (about 20 min.) place in the oven , top shelf and bake until
    slightly tan. Baste them with the egg mix and rotate them back into the oven and
    ( Turn temperature down to 325 deg.)
    Baste again when they are a dark tan. Cook till a rich brown, mahogany color.
    Take them out of the pans onto a rack to cool. Control yourself !!!! Let them cool !!!
    This sounds like a lot to do but it is easy and should take only 10 minutes to mix and shape. The most time is in the waiting for the dough to rise and for the bread to cool .
    But it do look great !!! & Professional

This dough can also be used for Cinnamon Buns ,

• vacuumfreak
    16 years ago

Thanks fore the recipe, Annie. I made them tonight! How wonderful! When I first came to this forum I tried to make some that someone else posted. They didn't turn out well at all and that was before I got my dishwasher. The kitchen was a disaster and it took hours to clean. I've learned a little since then and relied on some electric help this time. I used the bread maker to knead the dough. I froze the dough before slicing it (HUGE HELP), and I had the dishwasher clean the mess! :o) All I had to do was sit back and enjoy... well, not quite. At least this time I'm posting pictures of the end result instead of my disaster of a kitchen. My rings are a little thicker than they should be. I didn't have enough counter space to roll it out properly! Thanks again :o)

And, that icing... wonderful! I know many people say icing isn't necessary even on cakes. It's a lie... Icing is the best part. I did sneak a roll before I finished the icing and it was good fresh from the oven, but was naked sans icing.

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

No Lou, I'm not sure, but like I said the medical establishment as we know it..is pretty clueless in treating it..
    So maybe it's an allergy of types that makes our bodies hold on to toxins?? Hey it's worth a try...

• vacuumfreak
    16 years ago

Lesson learned. Here's what not to do with the cinnamon rolls. Do NOT put one in the microwave, press the quick start button, and accidentally leave it in there for the entire minute while feeding kitties and pouring milk in a zombie like state of wakefulness. Can anyone say hockey puck? Ten seconds is sufficient. Quick start for a minute is just one button. Ten seconds is two buttons and a knob! Too much work!

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Bobbie : If you made Cinnamon Bunns you wouldn't have to Nuke them.

• vacuumfreak
    16 years ago

Well, not sure how else to get them warm without turning on the big oven.

• hawk307
    16 years ago

You don't eat them hot !!!!
    LOU

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou, couldn't you eat the cinnamon buns hot if you wanted to? Like Bobby, I like warm bread, and that includes the cinnamon buns. Your recipe for dough sounds a lot like one Grandma used to use for orange rolls once in a while but hers didn't have vanilla and I think she used melted butter instead of oil, probably because we milked cows and always had milk and butter. Eggs too, because we had chickens.

Bobby, those rolls look really good, I didn't ice mine and now I wish I had. Actually, I wish I had any bread at all, I came home from a weekend at Elery's (his son graduated from college this weekend) and found my loaf of bread sitting on the counter was moldy. So, no bread in the house until I bake some, which will be tomorrow. Too bad it's going to be nearly 90 tomorrow. Geez, I'm sure tired of this weather, I want it to be fall pretty darned soon!

Annie

• vacuumfreak
    16 years ago

Well, drat! I was so looking forward to a nice warm cinnamon roll. Now I have to eat them cold. How sad!

Thanks Annie. I know what it's like to come home to moldy bread. And to be the kind of person that doesn't buy bread and have to do without or make more and wait! Hence my post on how do you keep your bread. Glad you like icing too :o) Just thank your lucky stars you aren't in FL with the humidity. One minute it's blazing hot and sunny and the next second the sky is black and there's a downpour!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bobby, Lou is just going to have to come over and spank me because I put mine in the microwave and make them warm!

What can I say, I'm a rebel, a troublemaker. Lou still loves me though. LOL

Annie

• lindac
    16 years ago

And Annie, if you had tossed that loaf into the refrigerator before you left, you would have had some nice toast this morning!
    Linda C

• hawk307
    16 years ago

I guess it's OK to eat them warm.
    annie : I'll still come over and give you a spanking ,if you want.
    LOU

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, LindaC, I would have had toast this morning, but that's all bread is good for after I refrigerate it. It just isn't "fresh" anymore, I hate refrigerated bread, Id rather have no bread at all.

I did find some of Grandma's white bread sliced in the freezer but that isn't really fresh either, so I made it into bread pudding!

Yeah, I know, I'm picky about bread. More than 2 days old and it becomes crumbs or croutons, or I take it to work. Those people will eat anything!

Annie

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    6 years ago

How long does it take me to get around to trying recipes? This one, I didn't try until this past weekend. But it's worth bringing back up. Really good Annie! I'll never lose my last ten pounds with this stuff. You enabler you ;) Tasty break from dieting. Thank you sister!

• bcskye
    6 years ago

Rob, you aren't the only one. I have a favorite cinnamon/sticky bun recipe, but can't find it right now. Since you revived this thread, I have to make Annie's. Any recipe of her's is always a keeper.

• bcskye
    6 years ago

Oh heck, Annie, you can't starve yourself. Variety is the spice of life and cinnamon is a very healthy spice. I know you can stop at one.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    6 years ago

I didn't stop at one. I had two. And didn't lose any weight Saturday. Or gain. So I stood still, but I sure enjoyed the day more ;)

• annie1992
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Madonna, I can surely stop at one, that's not the problem. What do I do with the rest of the batch? Elery is also dieting, he wants to lose weight to make it easier on his "new" hip and knee. I'm along for the ride, so I'm not sabotaging his efforts, we're both eating the same things.

But I just picked up beef AND pork, and we have those 3 deer that Elery shot last fall. My freezers look like this:

Freezer #1 with beef produce:

Freezer #2 (upright) with pork, one whole shelf is just bacon:

Freezer #3, beef and venison:

As you can see, there's no place to put leftover cinnamon rolls, and I don't dare eat them ALL. Then again, I could invite Amanda and Dave and the kids over, except that Amanda is celiac and can't eat them either!

Annie