Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
size of ice cube tray

Posted by shannonking (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 12:41

I have a recipe that calls for a tray of ice cubes. Will someone who owns a tray please estimate for me how much water is in a tray of ice cubes? Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: size of ice cube tray

Each ice cube is 1 ounce. I have Rubbermaid brand trays with 16 cubes so I'm guessing 2 cups.

o

Depends on how full you fill the tray?

o

Depends on the nature of your recipe.

By weight or by volume?

You get 9% more in volume with ice than liquid water for the same weight.

dcarch

o

Just grab a tray of ice and throw it in. If the recipe is that inexact, it probably doesn't matter if it's more or less.

o

I agree, grab a tray of ice and toss it in. However, many people don't have ice trays any more, they have ice makers in their refrigerator. My ice trays hold 16 ice cubes and I'd guess, like Cathy, that they are one ounce each, so I'm also going with the 2 cups.

Annie

o

Ok, I want the recipe, sounds right up my alley!

Seriously, what is the recipe?

Di

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here