Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just have to brag....

Posted by trailrunner (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 12:06

Well if a Mom and Dad can't do it who can ?? This is our DS1 ...he has been a hardworking chef since he was in the USMC. We are SO proud. He and our DIL also had our 1st grandson almost a year ago on 11/1/11 at 1 PM. Hope you enjoy reading the article. c

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Light Trailblazing Chef of the Year

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just have to brag....

Good for you and good for him! I especially liked his comment about there being more to meat than steaks, and that he uses the whole animal.

Also congratulations on all those "1"s!

Annie

o

That is wonderful! What a great kid you have!

o

Brag all you want...you own the bragging rights for producing such a great son.

I'd love to eat his cooking and I agree with his philosophy.

Nancy

o

trailrunner,

That's wonderful news! My DH and I have stayed at a cabin there three times in the last year as we are thinking about retiring there. I have eaten at your son's restaurant twice and it is very good.

Very deserving for him to receive this honor!

o

Wow!! Brag away!! That's an awesome accolade!!
Linda C

o

WOW...dixie I had NO idea !! Email me and let me know when you are going to be there again. DS loves to meet my GW friends. He has met quite a few...and always laughs when they say they "know" his Mom. We will be up there NOv 8-15 to see grandbaby and celebrate a late birthday. Thank you !

Nancy maybe you will be able to visit some day :) Thank you !!

Thank you John !! I saw all your posts about your DD...she has a fine start to being quite the chef...you of course have had a great hand in that too. We are both in to cycling I see from your posts...I love to tour and have done quite a bit of it. we will have to compare notes sometime.

Annie: thank you ! We look on the "1s " as a good omen !! He is a wonderful son and has the makings of a fantastic father. DIL is a great Mom too..baby already has a chef's outfit...here are pics..( he has outgrown it now LOL ! )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Brag? I'd be dancing in the streets with pride. What a great story and the baby is beyond cute!

o

That is GREAT! And Baby Chef is beyond cute!

I learned something from the article too. Didn't know that scrapple is eaten outside Pennsylvania Dutch country, where I live.

o

Cloudy said - "I learned something from the article too. Didn't know that scrapple is eaten outside Pennsylvania Dutch country, where I live."

Cloudy I'm a born and raised Virginian and we ate scrapple every Sat. & Sun for breakfast. Love it!

o

Makes sense that scrapple would be made wherever pigs are butchered and corn is grown.
I will wager that Trailrunner's son's scrapple is probably quite a bit higher-quality than a lot of what's around here, though!

o

Very nice story! Thanks for sharing/bragging! Baby chef is adorable too.

o

Brag away!!!!! You have lots to brag about. Congratulations to your both. Baby Chef is a little doll.

~Ann

o

Aw, he's so cute. The baby is too. (grin)

I'd love to go there, maybe someday in my travels. I'll tell him his mother sent me! I could always hitch a ride with Nancy!

Annie

o

Clap, clap, clap! Hurray! Bravo! Congrats! I'd be busting my buttons if that was my kid.

That baby is the cutest guy ever.

o

Congratulations and the best of luck to all of you! It is very difficult to make a go of a restaurant, and your son has a very impressive menu, especially for such a small town. I think it is great what he is doing. And the baby chef outfit is too cute!!

Lars

o

I don't blame you, I would brag also! What a cute little Baby Chef.
Congrats to all!!!

o

What an honor, esp. coming from a prominent publication. And the grandson... what's not to brag about?!

o

mustangs and cloudy : thank you ! Yes he is a firm believer in the "snout to tail" cooking . His scrapple is definitely a bit beyond what I grew up eating in OH. My Dad was a butcher in his younger days. Grand baby and my Dad, his great-grandfather share the same birthday ! Amazing. DS1 has 2 of his grandfather's knives and one of his aprons. He was lucky to know my Dad and get his sausage recipe from him. Life has some wonderful curves.

Gina and Ann thank you !! Baby is so precious we sure wish we were closer .

Annie I sure hope you do get to go...it is wonderful. Thank you ...and yes DS is cute too LOL !

ded: thank you !! I am very happy for them for sure .c

You are all so sweet to put up with me ...thank you . c

o

Kudos to your son (and the tiny tot in training!)

Adorable!

o

booberry , thank you ! Baby was skyping tonight with Grandma and Grandpa..he is as precious as his Daddy. ! c

o

You're quite justified on being a very proud Mum and Granny. How fantastic!!! That baby is sheer joy!

o

islay...thank you ! Baby is a doll..he has these dancing eyes and a wonderful chuckle. Can hardly wait to see him ! c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here