Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Habanero pepper hot sauce recipe needed

Posted by lakemayor (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 11:19

Annie shared her recipe for Habanero pepper hot sauce and I can't find it. So sorry Annie Does anyone have this recipe and would you post it for me or Annie if you read this soon would you share again. I am going to the grocery store and I'm not sure what I need to buy for this recipe.

Thank you everyone.

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Habanero pepper hot sauce recipe needed

I think find Annie's recipe in the thread below.

To re-process the jelly you'd have to decant it from the jars, bring it back up to a hot temperature and then re-pour into fresh jars with fresh lids.

You'll have to decide if you want to bother with that or just refrigerate those two jars and use them first. They'll keep well in the fridge and with the holidays coming up may be used before you know it anyway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Sauce Recipe Anyone?

o

Carol, I think you've gotten a couple of threads confused!

Yes, though, that is "my" recipe. Actually, it's Elery's recipe, his son sent it to him, so I have no idea as to the origin.

karen, you're still swimming in habaneros? What a year here in Michigan.

Annie

Annie

o

Probably. Confused is the name of the game. I'm about "canned out" and just came in from the garden. Our habs aren't even ripe yet. I can see it'll be a race with the first frost. I picked a few to ripen under cover just in case.

Carol

o

I'm glad to see you back here, though I know you're busy as can be.

Tonight is the first frost predicted here, I covered the bok choy, although I don't know if it's necessary, I think the stuff is frost tolerant....

Annie

o

Thank you Carol for finding the recipe. I'm sorry Annie that I lost it. I think you sent it via email and I'm going to blame Steve for deleting it. Ha

Yes, I am swimming in Habaneros. I've even used some for decoration in a fall arrangement for my table. They are a beautiful orange/yellow color.

My daughter was over for lunch the other day and I had homemade vegetable soup and she asked where my hot sauce was. (She puts it on everything.) I don't really like hot spicy food so I don't have any hot sauce in the house. Well, I will now. Thanks again for the recipe.

Karen

o

Karen, Elery loves the stuff, I don't touch it. Heck, I even wear latex gloves while I'm making it. You can sit by me when we next have a meal together.

yes indeed, I'm sure it was Steve's fault. (grin)

Annie

o

Annie and Carol, I made Annie's hot sauce recipe a few days ago and it's a big hit with my family. My daughter said it's the best hot sauce she has ever had (and she knows her hot sauce.) I think the flavor is excellent but WOW I can't take the heat. A little goes a really long way.

Thanks to you both again for the recipe

o

Karen, that is some crazy hot stuff, isn't it?

I don't eat it either, but Elery loves it, he's tougher than I am. (grin)

Annie

o

I'd like to try these recipes...but how do you store it and for how long? Thanks!

o

Deb, I canned mine, 15 minutes in a boiling water bath in half pint jars. It has lots of vinegar and few low acid vegetables, so I feel comfortable doing that.

Some of the others I'd just refrigerate, I think they'd last for a month or so, with the vinegar that's in most of them, less for sauces that are not high in acidity.

Annie

o

Every autumn, when my hot peppers turned red, I made
'Hot sauce'. Well, it was a couple of years before I
learned about PH levels. I had some AWSOME hot sauce,
but it went bad on the kitchen table. THEN I learned about
PH levels. Please pay attention to your PH levels, (acidity), even if you refrigerate it.

o

Thanks Annie...that's exactly what I wanted to know!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here