SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

New Toy - Bakerstone Pizza Oven

ann_t
9 years ago

I've been very happy with the way that my pizzas have been turning out using the Ken Forkish method of baking with the stone in the top of the oven , heating the oven as high as possible (550°F in my oven) and also using the broiler for the last two minutes.

But when I saw that one of our local stores was offering the Bakerstone Pizza Oven on sale for $79.00 I couldn't resist.

It took less than 10 minutes to put together, thanks to the video on the Bakerstone website. Just a matter of putting in the stones. The oven is lined on five sides. Only the front is open.

I had made a batch of dough on Saturday and baked bread Sunday night, saving enough to make a couple of pizzas.

My grill has five burners and will get up to over 700°F in ten minutes with all five burners on high.

The Bakerstone, depending on the grill, will get up to 800°F.

For my test run, I preheated for 20 minutes as per instructions and slid, or launched as Bakerstone calls it, the first pizza into the oven.

Topped with fresh mozzarella, Italian sausage and mushrooms.

Because the back of the oven is the hottest, the pizza needs to be rotated, 1/4 or 1/3 turns every 45 seconds. I just used long handled tongs to make the turns.

After first turn.

After second turn.

Just out of the oven.

Th crust was perfect.

The second pizza went right into the oven as the first one came out. No waiting to reheat. In fact, I was concerned that the oven was too hot so I adjusted the burners to lower the temperature.

Second pizza was a Margherita Pizza. Just the mozzarella and basil.

After the first turn.

I only baked the second pizza because I was still testing. We delivered this one to a friend.

Both pizzas took four minutes to bake.

Apparently you can bake bread in this oven, but because the opening is small I don't think I would try baking baguettes, but I might give Naan or other flat breads a try.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but I'm really happy with my first attempts. I think I am going to love my new toy.

~Ann

Comments (31)