Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brownies with Cream Cheese

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 9:18

These brownies are a favourite of my neighbour, Clif. So instead of birthday cake I made him a batch of brownies.

If like me, you want a layer of cream cheese, omit the "swirl".

Marbled Cream Cheese Brownies

6 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 tablespoons butter or margarine,
2 tablespoons butter
4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
3 eggs, divided
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons vanilla, divided.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
(more as needed)

Preheat oven to 350°F Butter an 8-inch square pan. Melt chocolate and 4 tablespoons of the butter in small heavy saucepan over low heat; set aside. Mix cream cheese with remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small bowl. Slowly add 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, blending well. Add 1
egg, the 2 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla; set aside. Beat remaining 2 eggs and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl until light. Add the baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup flour. Blend in chocolate mixture, remaining 2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in walnuts or
pecans. Spread half of the chocolate mixture in prepared pan. Cover with cream cheese mixture, then spoon remaining chocolate mixture over the top. Swirl with knife or spatula to create a marbled effect. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Do not overbake. Meanwhile, prepare Icing. Cool brownies 5 minutes, then spread icing evenly over the top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares.

Makes 16 brownies

Icing

Combine chocolate chips, butter, milk in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir until smooth and add vanilla. Add powdered sugar; beat until glossy and easy to spread.

NOTE: I sometimes add a shot of espresso to the brownie batter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brownies with Cream Cheese

There's lots of reasons to want to be your neighbor, but you just added another one! That looks delicious. Lucky Clif!

Sally

o

Wish I had one right now!

I just pinned this pic and recipe on Pinterest via GW. Worked like a charm...

Hope that was OK with you.

Nancy

o

Yum, that looks like breakfast to me. Unfortunately, we had eggs and hashbrowns...

Annie

o

They look luscious, Ann.

o

Thanks Sally.

Nancy, thank you for pinning to Pinterest. Like you I find a lot of recipes on Pinterest. I recommend Pinterest as a great place to find recipes.

And Pinterest brings a lot of traffic to Thibeault's Table.

Annie, you and I like the same breakfasts.

Thank you Ruthanna.

~Ann

o

I see you are still spoiling the neighbors. : )
Mom loves these, thinks it's time to make some again.

David

o

Ann T, I don't know how you find any recipes on Pinterest, I can't. I find a picture, it looks good. Click the picture and go to somewhere the recipe came from. Nope, no recipe, but there's a blog that made that. That blog has a link to another blog for the recipe. No recipe there, but another link to another blog. I've clicked as many as 7 links without ever coming to a recipe I saw a picture for. By that time I'm just annoyed and I go do something else. I'm too impatient for Pinterest.

Ashley loves it, though, says she gets patterns for her "crafty" stuff there.

Annie

o

Beautiful! luscious!

Brownie points for you.

dcarch

o

I don't get pintrest either Annie....

But those brownies sure look good!

o

I like how you unswirled them, looks great too !!

o

Those brownies look wonderful. I would love one right now!!

Nancy, how did you pin Ann's recipe to Pinterest using GW? I love Pinterest and have saved a lot of recipes there but I don't know how you pin from GW?

Karen

o

Thank you Ann for the recipe. Those brownies look so tasty! I hope to make them soon...

I have been looking at some of your postings and you are an amazing cook! Love your pictures and recipes!

Silvia

o

Those look luscious, Ann. I've often made rocky road brownies - the ones covered with the mini-marshmallow, chocolate chip frosting - but last time I made them, I realized they're not really all that chocolately and the icing goop is almost too sweet for me anymore. I think I'll transition over to these.

I pinned them on Pinterest, too. Thank you! Just went to the brownie post, clicked the pin-it button and it worked. I have sometimes noticed that people pin pictures, or something else, with no link - not sure how that happens. There are some amazing fall goodies popping up on Pinterest right now!

o

Those brownies look delicious!!

o

Wondered if they freeze well.

o

Thanks, now I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard.

o

Georgysmom, Yes, no problem with freezing them.

~Ann

o

Thanks, Ann. I'm going to make them today. Can't wait!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here