Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Thanksgiving Canada

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 8:53

I hope all of our Canadian friends have a great Thanksgiving.
I have always lived close to a Canadian border and think fondly of all Canadians as close neighbors.

So what are your plans and most importantly, what's for your Thanksgiving dinner?

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Thanksgiving Canada

Thanks Nancy.
I have today off as well as Monday and it is an absolutely beautiful fall day, crisp and cold and sunny. Will have my sister and family, my Dad and a couple of my daughters' friends for dinner on Sunday. Fairly traditional menu; turkey, bread/sage stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce (made with orange juice and a splash of GM) rolls, a broccoli cheese casserole, basically blanched broccoli & diced onions in a sharp cheddar sauce, top with french fried onion rings and baked. I'm also trying a new way of doing brussels sprouts; roasted with apples and bacon. For dessert we'll have pumpkin pie with whipped cream, lemon meringue pie and caramel apple cheesecake. Today I will decorate the dining room and set the table and finish my shopping and tomorrow I will do as much as I can in advance and then I hope to attend the Cranberry Festival in nearby Fort Langley. I love Thanksgiving!
Jane

o

Jane, Happy Thanksgiving and to all my other Canadian friends!

That menu sounds so good. I'm ready for T-Day and it's two months early. :( Enjoy your family get together and, of course, the food. Leftovers are my favorite part of the meal.

Don't forget to use your "Perfect Chicken" on that Electrolux! :)

/tricia

o

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

o

Traditional dinner, here too. Mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese. (That's a given....it's the potato that everyone wants). Also Turnip Puff. I posted the recipe here last year. It's a tradition at our house. Roast turkey.

Others are bringing cabbage rolls (SIL allergic to turkey so she brings those), rolls, salads, and pumpkin pie, dutch apple pie and butter tarts for dessert.

o

Big weekend here! I'm having 25 here for the entire weekend!!!

We have commandeered the cottage next door and Doug is taking in some at his cottage as well.

My SIL is great to help and is doing soups and salads for tomorrows lunch. I'm keeping dinner really simple tomorrow..spaghetti, salad and rolls.

T-Day is our traditional meal with a few change ups for the sides.

Turkey
Ham
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
peas with pearl onions
Sweet potato casserole (Katie C's)
Broccoli and cauliflower with optional cheese sauce
Baked beans
pickles
Rolls ( Sol's)
Cranberry sauce ( Linda C's)
.... and whatever desserts my SIL decides to bring!

Of course best of all will be the leftover turkey and stuffing sammies Monday! That and the fact they will all be gone! LOL
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

o

Having dinner on Sunday and cheating a bit this year with a turkey roast but still having mashed potatoes and gravy, sage stuffing, and a tradition here is mashed carrots/turnip, adding broccoli as a side for color. None my family eats cranberry sauce so not buying this year as I have thrown it away every year. Pumpkin pie and Ice cream for desert. (I would have Prime Rib if my family would let me get away with it)

o

Chase, your big family gathering around a turkey dinner sounds so good !!

This Canadian is in Florida for a few weeks, so I'm bypassing Tday.
I won't be in Florida for U.S. Tgiving though. I guess I'll cook my turkey
dinner in between. I really crave it.

Have fun Chase !

o

happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Sharon, now THAT's what I call a party, wow. Have fun and squirrel away a couple of those bottles of wine to go with your sandwiches. You'll have earned it.

Annie

o

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends! Hope you all have beautiful fall weather and are surrounded by loved ones!

Sharon, you always have a crowd, don't you? That's so cool!

(I haven't even given a thought to our T-day yet! Yikes!)

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here