SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westsider40

Having a party. Your thoughts please. Games?

westsider40
11 years ago

My dil is turning 50 in 16 days and I just connected with my son to talk about a party. Altho I don't think the food or the menu or the serving will be problematical, the cleaning and 'continuous serving' may present issues as I am not feeling well. In other words, once the food is out, it's downhill from there. My good hearted son has 6 left feet, he has wonderful other qualities. Martha Stewart he ain't.

Ease of serving and keeping the food flowing and exchanging clean dishes and drinks, clearing old courses etc.. I need kitchen helpers, cleaners, just don't need anyone til after the food is served. I can get helpers to dump the food into a serving dish but no one to do the work after that. It's a small house so it's necessary to keep clearing.

Here's the tentative first draft of a menu. Salmon gefilte fish plated individually with lettuce, horseradish, a small roll. Mini hot dogs in blankets, nuts.

Shrimp in 2 sauces (from our terrific hunan restaurant. Spinach salad with candied nuts, dried cranberries, crumbly white cheese. Curried meat balls. A couple other kid friendly Chinese dishes. My homemade challah which they love. And Desserts

I don't want to cook much-as I can't. I'll do the gefilte fish, hotdogs, salad is preassembled, meat balls, challah and desserts. Knives will not be necessary.

The birthday girl is a love-hard working and elegant. She loves and lives the good life. 5 star hotels, workouts at her club, yada. Not a snob. She doesn't like paper plates but she will understand, maybe. Oy, what am I getting into. I need help! Your thoughts. please. About 20 friends w kids. Family is additional 14 ppl. It just occurred to me that we can do friends only

Comments (24)