SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphysf

Budget Friendly Wall Mount Range Hoods?

murphysf
11 years ago

Hello

I am doing minor upgrade to an original kitchen (haven't demoed yet). The home is located on the San Francisco Peninsula and was built in the mid 1950s. The kitchen is original and could use a complete remodel however we have a 6 month old and 2 1/2 year old and can't afford it at the moment nor can we have the kitchen down for a long time.

Most likely I will remodel the kitchen in about 7-10 years after we save some $ and the kids are older. Therefore I do not want to spend a lot on this minor upgrade.

The scope of my upgrade is to cut out a cabinet and install a dishwasher. I am also going to remove the 4 1/4" tile and replace the counters and backsplashes with Granite.

So far I purchased a dishwasher, sink (KRAUS), garbage disposal, and faucet. I also bought a new 30" gas range (Frigidaire)

I currently have a 8" or 10" Blo-Fan Fryne round ventilation fan in the ceiling, that is as old as the home.

I am thinking of getting a wall mounted range hood and wanted to know what's is out there that is decent to good quality without costing a lot. I don't mind it was made in China. Actually the Kraus sink (made in China) that I got is really nice and the price was great.

I am looking for budget friendly brands to research as well as discount online sellers.

I saw a Summit Range Hood by Valore at Costco Online for $379, its 600cfm. Not sure if this is a good deal or if I can do better?

http://www.costco.com/Summit-Range-Hood-by-Valore.product.11526772.html

Any ideas of what brands to look at as well as discount online sellers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (2)