SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

what do you use for a kitchen timer?

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

I was just thinking about my terrible timer and experiences with them and wondering what other people use. My microwave doesn't have a timer (it talks and has a bread maker, but no timer function, how silly). I had a manual dial timer similar to the one picture below, but it got wet and stopped working. I bought the one picture below... I tried to wash it with a damp cloth and the numbers came right off. So annoying! Same thing happened to my grandmothers oven knob one time when she was cleaning the stove. She said she didn't get a new knob because she never looked at the numbers even when they were there! Then I got this little electronic one (used the fluorescent light setting on the camera in that pic, since that's what's in the kitchen... really enjoying your tutorials, Sharon!). The electronic one is nice because it sticks to the fridge with a magnet, but there's no "down" button, so if you pass the mark when entering the time, you have to start all over much like many alarm clocks.

I may resort to using an online timer like the one I linked to and just not worry about having a real one!

What do you use?

Here is a link that might be useful: my next timer!

Comments (42)