Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Terri -

Posted by solsthumper (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 07 at 23:36

I can't sleep, so here I am. And here's the recipe for the cookies. I know I've talked about adding some of my favorite recipes to my site, unfortunately, I haven't done that yet. And have many excuses as to why - some of which are even true.

Regarding the following recipe, it yields cookies which are soft and somewhat delicate, due to the moisture content of the apple. So avoid stacking them, or they may stick.
Btw, I often try to give credit where it's due, however, this is an old recipe I've had since High School . . . about 5 years . . . give or take :-. So I have no idea where it originated.

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
teaspoon nutmeg
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon salt
cup toasted walnuts, chopped
3 cups old fashioned oats

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, set aside. In mixer bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat until light and creamy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract, milk and egg. Add the flour mixture, oatmeal, chopped apple and walnuts. Mix just until combined. Drop by Tbsp. (I use an ice cream scoop) onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes.

Sol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Terri -

Thank you Sol...I appreciate the time you took to do this..

I think this is the recipe or very close to it that my mom used...

5 or so years eh? LOL
Yeah that's what I claim too...

o

thanks from me too, Sol. I plan to make these soon.

I may pass them out to all of my 25 year old friends...yeah I like to hang out with the older crowd...:-)

Sol, Terri and I must all be about the same age!

o

Making these today...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here